Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Albuquerque, NM: Flix Brewhouse - Albuquerque Opens [12/7]
- Bethesda, MD: Regal Bethesda 10 Closing December 15, 2016 [12/7]
- Houston, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park Sold to Star Cinema Grill [12/7]
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's web site, JSOnline, is reporting that Marcus Theatres Corp. is planning to install a Digital Cinema Projection system capable of showing 3D movies at the Marcus Ridge Cinema in New Berlin, Wisconsin before Thanksgiving:
The theater circuit plans to have one screen at its Ridge Cinemas, in New Berlin, available for digital 3-D films by Thanksgiving, said Bruce Olson, Marcus Theatres president. It will be the only theater in the Milwaukee area to offer digital 3-D, which Olson said provides much better quality than older 3-D films
This announcement appears to have come as part of the annual shareholders meeting held yesterday. Click the Read link below to read the full article. It follows on the heels of Marcus' press release yesterday announcing that the Point Cinema in Madison, Wisconsin would be showing "The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3D" Friday on their new Dolby Digital Cinema Projection System.
The trend to 3D movies has been on a steady build in recent years, with Hollywood directors like James Cameron and Robert Zemeckis, George Lucas, and Peter Jackson saying that they are going to be producing movies in 3D and studios like Dreamworks Animation devoting their resources to 3D as well. Later this year, Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf will be in 3D.
Also mentioned in the article, and in Marcus' Annual Report, is Marcus' intention to build three more UltraScreen's to existing locations. Since our office is located nearest to the Marcus Ridge, here's hoping that Marcus decides that the Ridge Cinema is worthy of an UltraScreen upgrade!
Thanks to reader Ron H. for bringing this news to our attention!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.