Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Becoming Jane 
- The Bourne Identity 
- The Bourne Supremacy 
- The Bourne Ultimatum 
- Bratz 
- Hot Rod 
- The Singer (El Cantante) 
- Underdog 
- Wedding Crashers 
Add Your Comments
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
- See the Teaser Trailer for "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" in an IMAX Theater on April 20th [4/16]
- Dates Announced for 2016 Academy Awards and Nominations Announcement [4/14]
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
The third installment of the very popular and successful Jason Bourne franchise, "The Bourne Ultimatum," is hitting theaters today. It should have no problem obliterating last week's holdovers and this week's other newcomers alike.
In 2002, "The Bourne Identity" introduced audiences to Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, a government assassin with no memory of who he was, and a sneaking suspicion that everyone is after him, especially his employer. Two years later, he was back in "The Bourne Supremacy" and introduced Joan Allen to the trials of trying to chase a man who could just as likely have you in his crosshairs. The sequel was nearly as good as the original, and might have topped it if they could have just held the camera still for more than a few seconds!
Fast-forward three years later, and much of the (surviving) major cast is back, which is always good news for sequels. The budget has more than doubled, which can be bad news, and from what I hear, they didn't fire the shaky-camera guy, so you may want to ask for some Dramamine powder for your popcorn!
Unfortunately, family commitments will most likely keep me from my desired triple-feature of Bourne movies (I have the first two on HD DVD ready to go!), but I intend to remedy that as soon as possible after the weekend is over!
If watching Matt Damon kick some serious butt for almost two hours isn't your style, you do have quite a few other alternatives from which to choose. From the comic book / cartoon section, we have "Underdog" which is based on the cartoon from when I was a kid. From the merchandising section, we have "Bratz" for all the girls out there who just knew their Barbies with attitude weren't second rate after all. If jumping things in a moped is more your style, there is always "Hot Rod" starring SNL guy Andy Samberg and the psycho girl from "Wedding Crashers."
If you're willing to travel a little, Jane Austen fans can watch Anne Hathaway in "Becoming Jane," (opening in just 100 theaters) and Jennifer Lopez fans can catch her and Marc Anthony in "The Singer (El Cantante)" which is opening in just over 500 theaters nationwide.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.