Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Becoming Jane 
- The Bourne Identity 
- The Bourne Supremacy 
- The Bourne Ultimatum 
- Bratz 
- Hot Rod 
- The Singer (El Cantante) 
- Underdog 
- Wedding Crashers 
Add Your Comments
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
- High-Def Digest Reviews "The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience" at the Newly Remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood [9/24]
- 20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God' [9/12]
- Newton, IA: Valle Drive-In Wants Your Vote for a Free Digital Projector [8/23]
- Hollywood, CA: See "The Little Mermaid 3D" at El Capitan Starting Sept. 20th [8/22]
The third installment of the very popular and successful Jason Bourne franchise, "The Bourne Ultimatum," is hitting theaters today. It should have no problem obliterating last week's holdovers and this week's other newcomers alike.
In 2002, "The Bourne Identity" introduced audiences to Matt Damon as Jason Bourne, a government assassin with no memory of who he was, and a sneaking suspicion that everyone is after him, especially his employer. Two years later, he was back in "The Bourne Supremacy" and introduced Joan Allen to the trials of trying to chase a man who could just as likely have you in his crosshairs. The sequel was nearly as good as the original, and might have topped it if they could have just held the camera still for more than a few seconds!
Fast-forward three years later, and much of the (surviving) major cast is back, which is always good news for sequels. The budget has more than doubled, which can be bad news, and from what I hear, they didn't fire the shaky-camera guy, so you may want to ask for some Dramamine powder for your popcorn!
Unfortunately, family commitments will most likely keep me from my desired triple-feature of Bourne movies (I have the first two on HD DVD ready to go!), but I intend to remedy that as soon as possible after the weekend is over!
If watching Matt Damon kick some serious butt for almost two hours isn't your style, you do have quite a few other alternatives from which to choose. From the comic book / cartoon section, we have "Underdog" which is based on the cartoon from when I was a kid. From the merchandising section, we have "Bratz" for all the girls out there who just knew their Barbies with attitude weren't second rate after all. If jumping things in a moped is more your style, there is always "Hot Rod" starring SNL guy Andy Samberg and the psycho girl from "Wedding Crashers."
If you're willing to travel a little, Jane Austen fans can watch Anne Hathaway in "Becoming Jane," (opening in just 100 theaters) and Jennifer Lopez fans can catch her and Marc Anthony in "The Singer (El Cantante)" which is opening in just over 500 theaters nationwide.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.