Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Captivity 
- Hairspray 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- My Best Friend 
- No Reservations 
- Ratatouille 
- Talk to Me 
- Transformers 
Add Your Comments
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
Even though it opened on Wednesday, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is the movie of the weekend. It's in the most screens, backed by the largest marketing push, and it has the most fans (and most of them are seeing it for the second, third, and fourth times). News agencies reported that the movie pulled in $12 million on the Tuesday Midnight shows alone, so this weekend is going to be all about the kids from Hogwarts.
You have to believe that the other studios knew to avoid this weekend with a movie that came anywhere close to approaching the Harry Potter demographic. Much better to wait until next weekend when the most fervent fans will be home reading the last installment, which is released on July 21st.
That said, this weekend isn't completely devoid of new releases. "Captivity" will be familiar to everyone in the Los Angeles area who saw the billboards before they were pulled for objectionable content. The rest are very limited releases, such as "Talk to Me" and "My Best Friend."
Showtimes and tickets are already available for "Hairspray" at some theaters so be sure to check them out if you want to be first in line to see John Travolta in his most feminine role yet...
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.