Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
Cox Movies Under the Moon to Offer Free Outdoor Entertainment at City of Fairfax's Van Dyck Park
Fourth Annual Event to Benefit Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children
HERNDON, Va., June 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Cox Communications Northern Virginia will present its fourth annual Cox Movies Under the Moon(R), a free summertime outdoor film festival in partnership with the City of Fairfax and presented by WUSA Channel 9 and WASH FM. The event will once again benefit Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children.
Cox Movies Under the Moon(R) will feature popular movies each night, from June 21 through June 25. The event will offer a variety of entertainment, ranging from recent box office hits to famous film classics.
Cox Movies Under the Moon(R) will be shown using state-of-the-art digital projection on a giant 40-foot by 20-foot screen with a Dolby surround sound system similar to those in movie theaters. Gates will open each night at 6:30 p.m., and movies will start at 8:30 p.m.
Spectators are encouraged to come early, bring a blanket and low beach chair, and purchase food from on-site vendors to support Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children. Since its inception four years ago, Cox Movies Under the Moon(R) has raised $30,000 for Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children.
The schedule for Cox Movies Under the Moon(R) is as follows:
- Thursday, June 21: Happy Feet
- Friday, June 22: Charlotte's Web
- Saturday, June 23: Top Gun
- Sunday, June 24: Night at the Museum
- Monday, June 25: Dreamgirls
More information is available at http://www.cox.com/fairfax/moviesunderthemoon
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with more than 6 million total residential and commercial customers. The third-largest cable television company in the United States, Cox offers an array of advanced digital video, high-speed Internet and telephony services over its own nationwide IP network, as well as integrated wireless services in partnership with Sprint. Cox Business Services is a full-service, facilities-based provider of communications solutions for commercial customers, providing high-speed Internet, voice and long distance services, as well as data and video transport services for small to large- sized businesses. Cox Media offers national and local cable advertising in traditional spot and new media formats, along with promotional opportunities and production services. More information about the services of Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at http://www.cox.com , http://www.coxbusiness.com , and http://www.coxmedia.com . Cox Communications wholly owns and operates the Travel Channel.
About Inova Health System
Inova Health System is a not-for-profit health care system based in Northern Virginia that consists of hospitals and other health services including emergency and urgent care centers, home care, nursing homes, mental health and blood donor services, and wellness classes. Governed by a voluntary board of community members, Inova's mission is to provide quality care and improve the health of the diverse communities we serve.
Source: Cox Communications Northern Virginia
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.