Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Cars 
- Finding Nemo 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
- The Incredibles 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Ratatouille 
- Shrek the Third 
- Spider-Man 3 
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth, TX: Luxury AMC Movie Theater Coming to The Shops at Clearfork [3/28]
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
There will be a 90 second commercial appearing on the "American Idol" TV show directing audiences to the web site for the full 9 minute sequence.
"We really feel like we've got the most original movie of the summer and we can't wait to show it to people," said Jim Gallagher, president of Walt Disney Studios Marketing. "In a summer of sequels, we believe that inviting users to sample a chunk of the next masterpiece from Pixar is the most impactful way of demonstrating the film’s fresh comedy and originality. The Internet gives us the opportunity to do this without the limitations of traditional media and we think that this stunt allows us to cut through an increasingly crowded marketplace."
In addition to a "Ratatouille" roadblock on the Disney.com videos section tomorrow, there will be a custom background skin, permanent homepage promotional units, and "character integration into their very popular segment pages, geared specifically towards boys, girls, kids & teens, families and Disney fans." This should pretty much assure you of not missing the fact that there is a new Disney/Pixar movie coming out!
In this new animated comedy/adventure, "Ratatouille," a rat named Remy dreams of becoming a great chef despite his family's wishes and the obvious problem of being a rat in a decidedly rodent-phobic profession. When fate places Remy in the city of Paris, he finds himself ideally situated beneath a restaurant made famous by his culinary hero, Auguste Gusteau. Despite the apparent dangers of being an unwanted visitor in the kitchen at one of Paris' most exclusive restaurants, Remy forms an unlikely partnership with Linguini, the garbage boy, who inadvertently discovers Remy’s amazing talents. They strike a deal, ultimately setting into motion a hilarious and exciting chain of extraordinary events that turns the culinary world of Paris upside down.
Remy finds himself torn between following his dreams or returning forever to his previous existence as a rat. He learns the truth about friendship, family and having no choice but to be who he really is, a rat who wants to be a chef.
This is probably Disney and Pixar's most challenging release to date. The trailer is pretty good and leads me to believe that the magic that they brought to the big screen in hits like "Cars," "Finding Nemo," and "The Incredibles" is still there. However, this summer is very full of big movies. Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, and Spider-Man are all dominating the summer hype-space, and it will be interesting to see if a movie about a French rat can carve out its own niche in the hearts, minds, and wallets of the movie-going public this summer.
We have a link to the movie trailer and we have three photos from the movie on the Photo Galleries page. Click the Read link below for the full array of information about "Ratatouille" and see for yourself if Disney and Pixar still have the magic!
Source: Disney Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.