Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
- Fracture 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Hot Fuzz 
- In the Land of Women 
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End 
- Shaun of the Dead 
- Shrek the Third 
- The Silence of the Lambs 
- Spider-Man 3 
- Spider-Man 3: The IMAX Experience 
- Vacancy 
Add Your Comments
- How the President Watches Movies - The White House Family Theater [10/1]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Taking Over IMAX Theaters for 4 Weeks [9/2]
- Sony Changed "Concussion" to Avoid Issues with the NFL - NY Times [9/2]
- Jefferson, WI: Highway 18 Outdoor Theatre Featured on News 3, New Photos Added [7/20]
- Collectible "Terminator Genisys" Posters and Tickets at 3D Showings at AMC, Carmike, Cinemark, Marcus, and Regal Locations [6/29]
- Watch the First Five Minutes of "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" in IMAX Theaters Ahead of "Terminator Genisys: An IMAX 3D Experience [6/29]
- "AMC Cares Summer Throwbacks" Movie Series Benefits Charity with Past Hits [6/5]
- "Jaws" Returns to the Big Screen for its 40th Anniversary [5/29]
- A Review of Laser-Based IMAX at TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX [4/21]
- Details Released About the Background of Star Wars Movie, "Rogue One" [4/20]
If you've seen the original "The Silence of the Lambs," you know how intense Anthony Hopkins can be on-screen. His psychological mind-games with Jodie Foster's Clarice Starling are forever embedded into movie history. Today's release of "Fracture" puts Hopkins on the wrong side of the law again, challenging a young district attorney (played by Ryan Gosling) to a game of mental chess.
Our Featured Critic gave Fracture three out of four stars and says "At first glance, Fracture appears to be a run-of-the-mill thriller but, sitting through it, the viewer will become aware that it's doing some interesting things."
A second movie in the "Thriller" genre is "Vacancy" in which Kate Beckinsale and Luke Wilson check into the worst lodgings this side of the Bates Motel. They play a young couple that become stranded at a desolate motel. Inconvenience and concern over questionable sheets turns to deadly fear when they discover hidden video cameras in their room and a stash of videos of killings that occurred in that very room, with them the stars of an upcoming installment.
The New York Times disliked it, but the Chicago Tribune calls it an "expert shocker." I can think of worse ways to spend 80 minutes, so I'd be willing to check it out.
If you liked "Shaun of the Dead," you'll most likely be pumped for today's release of "Hot Fuzz." Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are back, and this time they are two London cops who are convinced that a series of accidents in their sleepy neighborhood are not what they seem to be.
How long has it been since you've seen Meg Ryan on the big screen? If you can't remember, well, now's your chance. She's starring in the movie "In the Land of Women" which is about a guy in LA who gets dumped by his girlfriend and goes to live with his grandmother in Detroit. While he tries to sort things out, he gets involved with the Hardwicke women across the street. The movie also stars Adam Brody, Kristen Stewart, and Olympia Dukakis.
We've got lots of photos for this movie, so be sure to visit the Photo Galleries page for an full album of photos.
If you're getting excited about the upcoming release of Spider-Man 3, don't just sit there! Many theaters are publishing their showtimes for Midnight shows on Thursday, May 3rd, as well as a full array of showtimes on its opening day (May 4th).
Tickets for this movie (and quite a few others this summer) are going to be very hot, so don't even think about waiting until you get to the theater to buy your tickets! Avoid the hassle of waiting in line, and buy your tickets in advance!
You can print them out at home and completely skip the ticket line at the theater. You'll have your concessions in hand and be walking into the theater by the time that everyone else in line gets through the first set of doors at the ticket counter.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Fri, May 25th
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Fri, Jul 13th
Fri, May 4th
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fri, Jun 15th
Shrek the Third
Fri, May 18th
Like I said, this summer is shaping up to be one of the busiest summer seasons that theaters have seen for quite a few years, with the round of blockbuster sequels including "Spider-Man 3," "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," "Shrek the Third," and "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer."
All five of these movies are on the list of Reader Favorites on our Coming Soon page, so you know that they're going to be very popular. Buying your tickets in advance just makes too much sense to ignore!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.