Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Disturbia 
- Grindhouse 
- Grindhouse: Death Proof 
- Grindhouse: Planet Terror 
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 
- Pathfinder 
- Perfect Stranger 
- Rear Window 
- Redline 
- Slow Burn 
- Spider-Man 3 
Add Your Comments
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
- "The Revenant: The IMAX Experience" in Select Theaters Starting January 14, 2016 [1/14]
- Christopher Nolan to Use 65mm and IMAX Film to Make "Dunkirk" [1/11]
"Grindhouse" didn't do as well as many expected last weekend, leading many in the industry to wonder whether its lengthy 3+ hour running time didn't limit its ability to bring in the box office cash (long movie = less showtimes per day) and kept some customers away due to the time commitment involved. So, we're now seeing "Planet Terror" and "Death Proof" released as separate movies (with separate ticket purchases, how wonderfully convenient!) at some movie theaters, replacing the double-feature. Other theaters have chosen to keep the movies together, so you should be able to find both options near you.
If these movies aren't your style, you have plenty of other choices available to you. First up is Shia "I'm going to be in Indiana Jones IV!" LaBeouf in the "Rear Window" wannabe "Disturbia," the action/adventure movie "Pathfinder," Halle Berry and Bruce Willis' "Perfect Stranger," a limited release of the drama "Slow Burn," and a movie called "Redline" which stars no one in particular.
Lastly, advanced showtimes and online tickets are now available at select theaters for "Spider-Man 3."
This is going to be the first big (probably huge) release of the summer, and you can reserve your tickets now! "Spider-Man 3" opens on Friday, May 4th, and as has been a bit of a tradition with bigger releases, there are some midnight shows planned for Thursday night. I'm sure we'll see more theaters add their showtimes as we get closer to the end of the month, so keep checking back for showtimes at your favorite theaters!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.