Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Theaters in Movie Showtimes Now Sorted by Distance or by Theater Name [2/19]
- Theater Showtimes Now Sorted by Release Date by Default, New Date Groups Added [1/30]
- Theater Listings and Movie Showtimes Now Support Geolocation [1/30]
- Box Office Reports Added for Each Movie [1/7]
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
I've just completed a series of enhancements to the Now Showing - All Movies page that are worthy of noting.
- In a follow-up to a similar addition to the Coming Soon page, the top 10 favorite movies currently playing in theaters are now shown on the right side of the All Movies listing.
This list is generated daily from all the movies that our readers have marked as their Favorite Movies. The Favorite Movies feature allows you to pick out certain movies that you're most interested in, and those will be highlighted on your personal "Your Favorite Movies" page when you visit the Now Showing section.
This display now provides you with a way to see what other BigScreen readers have marked as their favorite movies, which may be worth checking out yourself!
If you haven't marked any movies as your Favorites yet, you can do so from the Information page for any movie. Just click on the "Add to Favorites" link beneath the "Are You Planning to See This Movie?" heading!
- The movie listings on the All Movies page has been enhanced with category headings when you choose to sort by Release Date, MPAA Rating, and Genre.
When there are 70+ movies from which to choose, looking at a simple list of all of them can make it difficult to find one particular movie of interest. With these new category headings, the movies are broken into groups that make sense for the type of sort that you chose.
For example, when you choose to sort by "Release Date" the movies are now separated into the following categories:
- Opening in the Future
- Opening This Week
- Opened Yesterday (if applicable)
- Recent Release
- Other Now Playing
- The above change also made the "MPAA Rating" and "Genre" pages in Now Showing redundant, as the corresponding sort options on the All Movies page now show the same content.
To keep the choices simple in the Now Showing section, those two tabs will be removed in the near future. For the time being, I have placed a notice at the top of the page when you choose one of the deprecated tabs.
Removing these tabs will allow us to add other tabs which make sense to break out into separate features. If you have some ideas for what could be added, please feel free to submit them via our Feedback Form!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.