Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Hillside Cinema
- Marc Cinema - Green Bay
Green Bay, WI
- Marcus La Crosse Cinema
La Crosse, WI
- Marcus Point Cinema
- Marcus North Shore Cinemas
- Marcus Northtown Cinemas
- Marcus Southgate Cinema
- Marcus Ridge Cinemas
New Berlin, WI
- Marcus Oshkosh Cinema
- Marcus Sheboygan Cinema
- Marcus Westown
Add Your Comments
- 2015 Academy Award Winners [2/22]
- Vista, CA: Krikorian MetroPlex 15 at Vista Village Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Vista [2/19]
- Pico Rivera, CA: Krikorian Pico Rivera Village Walk 15 Changes Owners, Now the Cinépolis USA - Pico Rivera [2/19]
- Los Angeles World Premiere of "Focus" on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 [2/19]
- Bloomington, IL: Carmike Ovation Cinema 10 Now Open [2/18]
- Joliet, IL: Cinemark Movies 10 Closed [2/11]
- Yulee, FL: Grand Opening for Carmike Coastal Cinemas 10 Scheduled for February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Midlothian, VA: Carmike 10 - Richmond Reopening in March as Carmike Ovation 10 [2/11]
- Seattle, WA: Varsity Theatre Reopens February 13, 2015 [2/11]
- Canton, IL: Garden Theatre Closed [1/30]
Marcus Theaters Corporation, Wisconsin's largest theater operator and the 16th largest in the U.S., has announced plans to add more screens to several existing theaters, as well as construction of a new theater in Saukville, Wisconsin. The combined efforts will increase their screen count by 77 to a total of 519.
Hillside Cinema in Delafield, Wisconsin and Marc Cinema in Sheboygan, Wisconsin are currently under construction. Four screens will be added to each theater, bringing their total screens to 14 each. Ridge Cinema in New Berlin, Wisconsin will increase by four screens to a total of 20, which will make it the largest complex in the state. One wonders if the new size meant that the old neon marquee wouldn't do anymore, Ridge has been missing its neon for quite some time...
Other theaters in the state are also receiving boosts in screen counts: Marc Cinemas in Green Bay, increasing the total there to 12 screens; the Cinema Theatres in La Crosse, making it an eight screen complex; the Northtown Cinemas and Southgate Cinemas in Milwaukee, increasing the total at the Northtown to 12 screens and the Southgate to 14 screens; and the Cinema Ten in Oshkosh, giving it a total of 14 screens.
With the apparent success of Westown's UltraScreen theater in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Marcus plans to add a 75-foot wide, 32-foot high UltraScreen at the 15-screen Point Cinema UltraPlex in Madison, Wisconsin.
Their Saukville, Wisconsin land investment is paying off with the planned construction of 12 stadium-seating screens in that location. Construction is scheduled for some time in 2000. The parking lot at North Shore is rarely empty, and with further development there diminished by the city of Mequon (click for story), the Saukville location would seem ideal in relieving some of North Shore's stress, and providing Marcus within easy reach of Port Washington, Belgium, Fredonia, and Random Lake.
Construction on new theaters and expansions to current theaters are also planned by Marcus to theaters in Minnesota and Illinois. For more information, please see their Press Release.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.