Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Marcus Showtime Cinema
- Silver Cinemas - Budget South
- Marcus Ridge Cinemas
New Berlin, WI
Add Your Comments
- Green Bay, WI: Silver Cinemas - East Town Budget Cinemas Closed [2/10]
- Milwaukee, WI: Former State Theater Severely Damaged by Fire [2/10]
- Lincoln, NE: Recliners Coming to Marcus Lincoln Grand Cinema [2/9]
- Orlando, FL: Cinemark Movie Theater Changes Name After Artegon Marketplace Closure [2/6]
- Kalamazoo, MI: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Closing in April 2017, New Operator Expected [2/6]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Soft Opening on February 7, 2017 [2/1]
- Englewood, CO: UA Greenwood Plaza 12 Closed [1/31]
- Huntington Beach, CA: Regency Charter Centre Cinemas 5 Closed [1/31]
- Sitka, AK: Coliseum Theatre - Sawmill Creek Plaza Closed, Downtown Location Remains Open [1/31]
- Corpus Christi, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Opening February 10, 2017 [1/27]
According to a story in the local paper (oddly titled "GreenfieldNOW") on Tuesday, the City of Greenfield has plans to redevelop an area along Highway 100 north of Layton Ave. These plans would result in the razing of the popular Budget Cinema, which would be replaced by a mix of residential and commercial development:
The proposed TIF district No. 2 encompasses the area bordered by 108th Street on the east, Cold Spring Road on the north and West Armour Avenue on the south. The proposal involves razing Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St., and redeveloping the area to include a combination of approximately 35 percent residential and 65 percent commercial developments on the proposed 35.75 acres of land.
A joint review board must approve creating the TIF district that would make this development plan possible, so it may be quite some time before anything happens, if at all.
Moviegoers looking to see movies at a reasonable price will have few options in the Southeast Milwaukee area. Their best bet is the Showtime Cinema in Franklin, about 5 miles to the South near Loomis Road and Highway 100. At $5.75 and $8.25, they're less expensive than the Marcus Ridge Cinema in New Berlin at Moorland Road and I-43.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.