Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
- Newark, DE: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Cinemark Christiana and XD [8/23]
- Gainesville, FL: Construction Begins on Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe [8/23]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts at Palo Alto Square Closing Delayed Until September [8/18]
- Fort Wayne, IN: Carmike Jefferson Pointe 18 + IMAX Enforcing Curfew [8/18]
- Fort Lee, NJ: iPic Theaters Hudson Lights Opens Tomorrow [8/10]
- Boulder, CO: Boulder Art Cinema Ends After Poor Attendance [7/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Opening August 19, 2016 [7/26]
- Middletown, PA: Council Hears Support and Ideas for the Elks Theatre [7/25]
- Palo Alto, CA: CineArts Palo Alto Square to Close in August 2016 [7/25]
If you count yourself among those anxiously awaiting the release of The Giver on August 15, 2014, here is a chance to not only watch the red carpet arrivals at the movie's premiere in New York, but also see the movie before everyone else, on August 11, 2014.
The premiere will be taking place at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York, and audiences attending The Giver: World Premiere Red Carpet Event (Live) will be able to experience the event live. Scheduled to attend the premiere are Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, Brenton Thwaites, and more. Those attending will even have the chance to interact with the stars as they address theater audiences from the red carpet.
This event is happening at just 250 theaters across the U.S., so if you would like to find out where and when, head over the Showtimes page for the event. For more information, you can find the official web site and other related links on the Related Web Sites page.
If you're lucky, you could be at the movie premiere and walk the red carpet yourself! According to the press release, "One lucky fan and their guest will also get their own chance fly to New York City and walk the red carpet at the movie premiere just by uploading a photo of themselves reading “The Giver” to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Photobucket with the hashtag #TheGiver."
Based on Lois Lowry’s young adult novel (which won the Newbery Medal in 1994), the movie opens in theaters nationwide on Friday, August 15th, 2014. Select theaters already have showtimes and tickets available, so head over to the Showtimes page for opening day to see where and when it's playing!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.