Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Yamaha Announces RX-A 60 Series AVENTAGE AV Receivers [5/17]
- Yamaha Announces RX-V 81 Series A/V Receivers, Featuring Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and 4K Ultra HD [4/6]
- Yamaha Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Updates [4/6]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for More Marantz Models Now Available [3/3]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware Update for AVR-X4200W and AVR-X6200W [2/18]
- Yamaha Announces Spring 2016 Timeframe for DTS:X Firmware Updates for Select AV Receivers, AV Processor, and Sound Bars [2/17]
- DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Update for the Marantz AV8802A Now Available [2/4]
- Denon Releases DTS:X and HDMI 2.0a Firmware for AVR-X7200WA [1/28]
- Denon Plans DTS:X Firmware Upgrades in January/February 2016, Marantz in February/March [12/17]
- Adding Height Speakers for a Dolby Atmos Installation - Comparison Test [9/17]
Onkyo Announces High-End and Mid-Range A/V Components with Dolby Atmos Sound
June 23, 2014
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ. Onkyo has announced that its upcoming TX-NR1030 and TX-NR3030 network A/V receivers, flagship PR-SC5530 Network A/V Controller, HT-S7700 and HT-S9700THX HTiB systems, and SKS-HT693 and SKH-410 speaker packages will launch with Dolby Atmos, a next-generation audio format that delivers captivating multidimensional sound in home theater environments.
The company will also release a firmware update, targeted in September, enabling Dolby Atmos® on its mid-range TX-NR636, TX-NR737, and TX-NR838 network A/V receivers now available worldwide.
With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, depth, and detail.
"Some of the world's leading filmmakers are using Dolby Atmos to transport audiences to the center of the action," said Onkyo Corporation General Manager, Kevin Miyagi. "Dolby Atmos delivers a multidimensional sound experience with breathtaking detail and clarity. We are excited to be among the first brands to offer this technology to our customers."
Onkyo's 2014 models supporting Dolby Atmos feature Dual 32-bit DSP Engines to decode, scale, and calibrate Dolby Atmos to suit individual home theater configurations. Owners of compatible Onkyo components have the flexibility to choose their preferred theater layout, unleashing the format's effect with the addition of a pair or more of in-ceiling height speakers, complementing traditional 5.1, 7.1, or 9.1 configurations. Alternatively, users can augment an existing speaker setup with Dolby Atmos-enabled loudspeakers. For more information on these speaker configurations please visit dolbyatmos.onkyousa.com.
About Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, multidimensional sound that places and moves specific sounds anywhere in the room, including overhead, to bring entertainment alive all around the audience.
Since its introduction in the cinema in 2012, Dolby Atmos has been embraced by all the major Hollywood studios, seven Academy Award® winning directors, and 16 Academy Award-winning sound mixers, among others. Later this year, entertainment enthusiasts will be able to enjoy Dolby Atmos in their home theaters.
To learn more about Dolby Atmos and home theaters, visit the Dolby Lab Notes blog here.
Since 1946 Onkyo has been passionately committed to developing audio products that deliver uncommon performance, quality and value. Bundling proprietary technologies and innovations with other sound-enhancing exclusives, Onkyo continues to created award winning products that are lauded by many of the industry leading audio publications. The company's philosophy is to deliver products that are superbly designed and built to a consistently outstanding standard of excellence. The results can be seen in the obviously high quality of any Onkyo-manufactured product, even before it is turned on. Visit Onkyo's website at www.onkyousa.com. Follow Onkyo USA at www.facebook.com/OnkyoUSA.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.