Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Angelika Pop-Up at Union Market
Add Your Comments
- Grand Junction, CO: Carmike 7 Closed [6/24]
- Lake Charles, LA: Cinemark Movie Bistro Lake Charles Holds Grand Opening [6/23]
- Thousand Oaks, CA: Regal Janss Marketplace 9 Grand Opening on June 9, 2016 [6/8]
- Mooresville, IN: Showtime Cinema Announces 2016 Summer Kids' Movie Series [6/7]
- Monterey, CA: Osio Theater Now Open [5/31]
- Watch Free Movies at Flagship Cinemas During "Camp Flagship 2016" [5/31]
- Free Summer Movies at Santikos Theatres [5/31]
- Watch Free Kid-Friendly Movies This Summer at Allen Theatres Locations [5/27]
- Kids Summer Movies at Megaplex Theatres - 10 Movies 10 Weeks for $10 [5/27]
- Watch Family Movies for Free at These Marquee Cinemas Locations [5/27]
The Angelika Pop-Up at Union Market in Washington, DC will open to the public on June 13, 2014.
Reading International, Inc. issued a press release recently that announced the new theater's opening. Their intent is to use this location to provide "Angelika's signature mix of specialty film programming and unique events" while they are building a permanent location at the Union Market, which is expected to open in late 2015.
“The vibrancy and creativity of Union Market make it a perfect home for the Angelika Pop-Up,” says Ellen Cotter, chief operating officer of the US Cinema division of Reading. “And we are honored that our state-of-the-art Angelika, in development now, will be part of the continued re-shaping and transforming of this important area of Washington, DC.”
“Our vision for Union Market is to create a place that brings together the innovative and creative community of DC,” says Jodie McLean, President and Chief Investment Officer of EDENS, developer of Union Market. “The caliber of the Angelika’s programming and their overall commitment to emerging and established filmmakers from both here and abroad makes them the ideal partner for Union Market and the surrounding DC neighborhood.”
The Angelika Pop-Up at Union Market will have three screens that were converted from a warehouse space and it will show "independent, foreign, and specialty" movies. We have their showtimes for opening day right now, and they are showing Queen Margot (La Reine Margot) from 1994 and the documentary Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon, which is about music manager Shep Gordon.
For more information about the theater, including where it's located, showtimes, and links to their official web site and Facebook page, please visit the Theater Information page for the Angelika Pop-Up at Union Market!
Source: Reading International, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.