Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in 3D 
- The Godfather 
- Godzilla 
- King Kong 
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes 
Add Your Comments
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Teaser Trailer Now Available Ahead of Schedule After It Leaked [10/23]
- The Death of Physical Media is Far From Imminent [10/1]
- Los Angeles, CA: New Beverly Cinema Bucks the Digital Cinema Trend and Goes 35mm Only [9/9]
- Bill Murray Suggests Leads for All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie [9/9]
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
Andy Serkis was interviewed recently by Digital Spy about the upcoming movie, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which will open in theaters July 11th, 2014. The story picks up where the original, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, left off, with the Caesar leading a growing population of apes in the woods around San Francisco.
Serkis did the motion capture performance for Caesar in the original and in the new movie, as well as highly-regarded motion capture performances for Gollum in the Lord of the Rings series and now the Hobbit movies, as well as in King Kong and as the title character in next month's Godzilla.
In the interview, he likened Caesar's new role to Don Corleone in The Godfather:
They're suffering to a great degree. And he doesn't want them to be wiped out. He wants the apes to live with peace and security. This is like a Godfather movie. This is Caesar as Don Corleone, and Caesar coping with all of the machinations of a politically difficult early foray into creating a regime.
Click the Read link below to view the full interview.
For more information about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, please see its Movie Information page, which has the plot summary, cast listing, photos, trailers & videos, and links to the official web site, and other resources.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.