Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Chicago Heights Cinemas
Chicago Heights, IL
- AMC Loews Country Club Hills 16
Country Club Hills, IL
- Carmike Lansing 8
- Kennedy Theatre
- AMC Showplace Schererville 12
- AMC Showplace Schererville 16
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
Digital Cinema Destinations Corp., also known as Digiplex, will purchase the Lansing Cinema 8 in Lansing, Illinois, a southern suburb of Chicago. The announcement came in a press release issued by the company, where the chairman and CEO, Bud Mayo, was quoted as saying:
We are delighted to continue our rapid circuit growth with the addition of this 8-screen location in the Chicago suburbs. Chicago is clearly a logical choice for us as a key pillar of our strategy to build a national circuit of digital entertainment centers based in leading markets. The Lansing location we plan to acquire is outfitted with stadium-style seating auditoriums and we will be converting the six analog screens to digital projection systems, some of which will also be 3D-enabled by technology partner, RealD.
We also look forward to bringing a wealth of alternative programming to this community – from opera to live sports, ballet, foreign language titles, faith-based presentations, and much, much more. Digiplex continues to be a pioneer and leader in bringing a wide array of non-Hollywood fare to our entertainment centers around the country and we are excited to add the Lansing location to that growing list in the near future.
The acquisition is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2014.
Competition in the area includes the single-screen Kennedy Theatre, and four multiplexes: the AMC Showplace Schererville 16, AMC Showplace Schererville 12, Marcus Chicago Heights Cinemas, and the AMC Loews Country Club Hills 16. All are less than 10 miles away, so there is quite a concentration of screens in the area.
This will be the first Digiplex location in Illinois. They currently have 20 locations in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The chain offers not only movies, but also other programming such as live opera, sporting events, concerts, and more.
Source: Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.