Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- "Avengers: Infinity War" No Longer Two Parts, Hopefully Marking the End of Two-Parters [8/1]
- Watch the Trailers and Videos from Comic-Con! [7/28]
- Watch the Newest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" [6/27]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "The Legend of Tarzan" [6/25]
- "The Fast and the Furious" Returns to Theaters for 15th Anniversary [6/10]
- Rundown of the Free/Discounted Summer Movie Programs at Theaters [5/27]
- Watch the Latest Trailer for "Star Trek Beyond" - Plus Photos [5/23]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Now You See Me 2" [5/20]
- Director Gareth Edwards Exits Godzilla 2 [5/14]
- Release of "The Maze Runner: The Death Cure" Likely to be Delayed by Star's Injury [5/5]
You may have noticed that some theaters are listing Noah 3D and Noah: An IMAX 3D Experience in their showtimes, and according to all the information that we can find, there will be no 3D showings of the movie in the United States.
According to this article in The Hollywood Reporter, and many other articles that we could find, the movie will be released in 3D in international markets only:
In an attempt to mop up in overseas markets, Paramount Pictures is preparing a 3D version of Darren Aronofsky’s epic Noah to release in 65 foreign countries, including Russia, all of South America and most of continental Europe. The film will be released on Imax in 32 of those markets.
The studio is hopeful that overseas audiences will respond to the effects-laden production, which includes the spectacle of the flood, some supernatural elements and a cast of computer-generated animals.
According to an insider, Noah will be released exclusively in 2D in the U.S, the U.K., Australia and France, where Paramount believes the audience will respond to "the combination of the pedigree of the director and the cast and the dramatic elements of the story."
If you see a theater in the U.S. advertising the movie in 3D, it's very likely a mistake. We are trying to get the problem corrected (or get confirmation that they are actually playing the 3D version somehow), but until then, please be confident that they are showing Noah or Noah: The IMAX Experience instead.
The movie opens on Friday, March 28th, 2014. You can find all the information we have for the movie, including the plot summary, cast listing, photos, trailers & videos, and more, on the Movie Information page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.