Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Buy Your Tickets to "Deadpool" Now! [2/3]
- Disney Moves "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" to May 2017, Sony's "Spider-Man" and "Jumanji" Shuffle [1/20]
- Release Date for "Star Wars: Episode VIII" Pushed to December 2017 [1/20]
- New Video Provider Means Trailers for More Movies [12/16]
- Watch the Trailer for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [12/15]
- New Photos Added for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" [11/20]
- Watch the New Trailer for "Finding Dory" [11/10]
- Get $4 off your purchase of 2 or more tickets to "Spectre" or "The Peanuts Movie" - through 11/10/15 [11/6]
- "The Divergent Series" Changes Final Installments [9/21]
- Escanaba, MI: Photos Added for Willow Creek Cinema 8 [9/19]
You may have noticed that some theaters are listing Noah 3D and Noah: An IMAX 3D Experience in their showtimes, and according to all the information that we can find, there will be no 3D showings of the movie in the United States.
According to this article in The Hollywood Reporter, and many other articles that we could find, the movie will be released in 3D in international markets only:
In an attempt to mop up in overseas markets, Paramount Pictures is preparing a 3D version of Darren Aronofsky’s epic Noah to release in 65 foreign countries, including Russia, all of South America and most of continental Europe. The film will be released on Imax in 32 of those markets.
The studio is hopeful that overseas audiences will respond to the effects-laden production, which includes the spectacle of the flood, some supernatural elements and a cast of computer-generated animals.
According to an insider, Noah will be released exclusively in 2D in the U.S, the U.K., Australia and France, where Paramount believes the audience will respond to "the combination of the pedigree of the director and the cast and the dramatic elements of the story."
If you see a theater in the U.S. advertising the movie in 3D, it's very likely a mistake. We are trying to get the problem corrected (or get confirmation that they are actually playing the 3D version somehow), but until then, please be confident that they are showing Noah or Noah: The IMAX Experience instead.
The movie opens on Friday, March 28th, 2014. You can find all the information we have for the movie, including the plot summary, cast listing, photos, trailers & videos, and more, on the Movie Information page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.