Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- AMC Dine-in Theatres Southlands 16
Add Your Comments
- Miami, FL: CMX - Brickell City Centre Now Open [4/26]
- Riverhead, NY: Movie Theater Proposed for Riverhead Plaza [4/26]
- Scranton, PA: Iron Horse Movie Bistro Opening April 28, 2017 [4/25]
- Andalusia, AL: Clark Theatres - Andalusia Cinema Now Open [4/14]
- New York, NY: Quad Cinema Reopens After Renovation Project [4/14]
- Laramie, WY: Studio City UW + ARQ Opening on April 28, 2017 [4/13]
- Mobile, AL: Crescent Theater to Close [4/11]
- Dallas, OR: Motor Vu Drive-In Not Reopening for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Stanton, KY: Mountain View Drive-In Will Not Reopen for 2017 Season [4/11]
- Arlington, TX: Cinemark at Former Six Flags Mall Closes [4/10]
AMC Theatres is expanding their "Dine-In Theatres" idea with a new "AMC Red Kitchen" concept at the AMC Southlands 16 in Aurora, Colorado. It's the first of its kind in the country for the theater chain.
AMC describes this in their press release as emphasizing "freshness, speed, and convenience" in the in-theater dining experience by having customers place their food and drink orders before entering the auditorium, where they will take their (reserved) plush reclining seat. As far as we can tell, this is theater-wide, and not restricted to an individual auditorium like many other in-theater dining experiences.
In addition to the beer, wine, and cocktails available, there is a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine where they can choose from more than 120 drink options. Food and alcoholic drinks are delivered within a few minutes, and a service button is available at each seat as well.
“It’s the high-quality dinner and a movie experience we provide our guests at our Dine-In Theatres nationwide, with a fast-casual restaurant spin, and the comfort level turned up to 10,” said Gerry Lopez, president and chief executive officer, AMC.
In addition to the traditional movie theater concessions, the food selections include items such as a chicken and artichoke Panini, a North Carolina-Style pulled pork wrap, a roasted vegetable skewers platter, and a grilled chicken Caesar salad.
The theater also has a MacGuffins® Bar, which offers guests 21 and over a choice of beer, wine by the glass, cocktails, and food items before or after the movie in a neighborhood tavern atmosphere.
To see what's playing and when at the AMC Southlands 16, head over to their Showtimes page!
Related News Articles
- AMC opens dine-in theater featuring Danny Meyer menu in Aurora -- The Denver Post [Mar 7, 2014]
Source: AMC Entertainment Press Release. Image © 2014 AMC Entertainment.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.