Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Prado Stadium 12
Bonita Springs, FL
Add Your Comments
- See "Warcraft" and Get Free "World of Warcraft" Game [5/18]
- On the 20th Anniversary of "Twister" Check Out This Stormchaser Tornado Video [5/12]
- If You Have QuickTime for Windows, Read This Security Warning [4/15]
- Examining Some of What Makes the Score to "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Great [2/23]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at the Marcus Theatres Best Picture Festival [2/18]
- Watch All Eight Best Picture Nominees at AMC's Best Picture Showcase [2/18]
- Watch a Documentary About Making "The Revenant" [2/4]
- New York, NY: Martin Scorcese and Others Pay Their Respects to the Now-Closed Ziegfeld Theater [1/29]
- "The Revenant: The IMAX Experience" in Select Theaters Starting January 14, 2016 [1/14]
- Christopher Nolan to Use 65mm and IMAX Film to Make "Dunkirk" [1/11]
The Prado Stadium 12 in Bonita Springs, Florida came under new ownership in December 2013 after Frank Theatres, operated it as the Cine Grille At Prado, left the operation last year.
Spotlight Magazines recently published a feature article about the theater and the changes they've been making to improve the moviegoing experience there:
[Consultant Mark] Clement arrived to find he had inherited a number of issues, including mechanical problems. However, he is very pleased with the commitment from his landlord, Isram Realty and Management, which owns the cinema. “They’ve been great,” Clement stated. “They’re obviously interested in stability and keeping the theater doors open. So far, they’ve okayed all of my recommendations.”
Clement’s technical innovations have included Sony 4K projection, Dolby Digital Sound and curved screens with 3D capability. For extra guest comfort, the theater offers high-back, leather rocker seats, a full kitchen and a bar that offers beer, wine and a full range of liquors. He has reconfigured the lobby to make it more user friendly, and expects to add another 10 to 15 employees to the current 15 when the renovations are complete.
In addition to expanding the menu for the Prado Cinema Café, Clement is planning outside tables, with a fireplace and sofas, cocktails and appetizers. He intends the space to reflect the Florida lifestyle— inviting guests to show up before the movie and stay to relax after- ward.
As he sees it, his job is to make sure guests enjoy the Prado experience so much that they arrive early, enjoy a meal and a movie, then return with their friends. Sometimes he also goes into a theater before the film to greet the guests. “Some people get a little nervous.” he admits with a smile. “But I enjoy it. I like having fun and making the guests happy.”
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
To see what's playing at the theater, check out their Showtimes page!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.