Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Screening Room Cinema & Cafe
- Dipson Amherst 3
- North Park Theatre
- Regal Elmwood Center 16
Add Your Comments
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
- North Bethesda, MD: Luxury iPic Movie Theater and Restaurant Coming to Pike & Rose [10/7]
- Hilo, HI: Regal Kress Cinemas 4 Closed [10/3]
- Cincinnati, OH: Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Closed [10/3]
- "Interstellar" to be Released on 35mm, 70mm, and 70mm IMAX Film Two Days Early - See Why and Where [10/2]
- Huber Heights, OH: Rave Cinemas Huber Heights 16 Getting Luxury Recliners, Upgraded Lobby and Concession Area [10/2]
- Londonderry, NH: Apple Tree Mall Cinema 12 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
- Lansing, IL: Lansing Cinema 8 Now a Carmike Cinemas Location [9/30]
The North Park Theatre in Buffalo, New York is set to reopen on March 7, 2014, according to the theater's web site and a story published recently in The Buffalo News:
Hertel Avenue is about to get its crown jewel back.
The North Park Theatre announced Monday that its much-awaited reopening will take place March 7.
And when it does, longtime observers can’t help but point out, this will not be your father’s North Park Theatre. Some significant changes are in the offing for the North Buffalo movie house, apart from the extensive renovation that some insiders are putting in the neighborhood of $250,000
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
The theater opened in 1920 and Bill Dipson took over in 1967, but it closed June 6, 2013 when Dipson Theatres decided that it would no longer operate the movie theater. The president of the company said that they hadn't made money at the location in five years.
The new owners seem to be trying to bring in movies that haven't seen wide distribution, so it will be interesting to see if they will be able to attract a loyal audience with movies they have in their upcoming line-up, such as Girl on a Bicycle, Better Living Through Chemistry, and On My Way (Elle s'en va).
The Regal Elmwood Center 16 will be filling people's needs for mainstream movies, and the Dipson Amherst 3 and Screening Room Cinema & Cafe seem to be showing some non-mainstream fare that may present a challenge for the new theater, but the excitement is always high for the reopening of a historic theater and they should have a good chance to create an impression with moviegoers in the area.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.