Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Blue Jasmine 
- Dallas Buyers Club 
- Frozen 
- Gravity 
- The Great Beauty (La Grande Bellezza) 
- The Great Gatsby 
- Her 
- The Lady In Number 6: Music Saved My Life 
- 12 Years a Slave 
- 20 Feet from Stardom 
Add Your Comments
- Harkins Theatres Offers 2016 "Summer Movie Fun" Series - 10 Movies, 10 Weeks, Less than $1 Per Movie [5/26]
- Summer Kids' Flicks at Southern Theatres Locations [5/26]
- Enjoy Discounted Kid-Friendly Movies at B & B Theatres Summer Kids Series - June-August 2016 [5/26]
- Classic Cinemas Offers $1 Movies in 2016 Summer Movie Series [5/26]
- Enjoy Kids Summer Movies for $1 at Goodrich Quality Theaters [5/26]
- 2016 Summer Kids Series at Carmike Cinemas [5/26]
- $3 Family Movie Series at Select Marcus Theatres in June-August 2016 [5/26]
- Cinemark Announces 2016 "Summer Movie Clubhouse" Series of Kid-Friendly Movies [5/26]
- $1 Family-Friendly Movies During Wherenberg Theatres 2016 Family Summer Series [5/26]
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
Here is a quick list of the Academy Award winners from tonight's ceremony.
|Academy Award Winners|
|Blue Jasmine||Academy Award Winner for Actress in a Leading Role|
|Dallas Buyers Club||Academy Award Winner for Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Actor in a Leading Role|
|Frozen||Academy Award Winner for Animated Feature Film, Original Song|
|Gravity||Academy Award Winner for Visual Effects, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing, Cinematography, Film Editing, Original Score, Director|
|The Great Beauty (La Grande Bellezza)||Academy Award Winner for Foreign Language Film|
|The Great Gatsby||Academy Award Winner for Costume Design, Production Design|
|Her||Academy Award Winner for Original Screenplay|
|The Lady In Number 6: Music Saved My Life||Academy Award Winner for Documentary, Short Subject|
|12 Years a Slave||Academy Award Winner for Actress in a Supporting Role, Adapted Screenplay, Best Picture|
|20 Feet from Stardom||Academy Award Winner for Documentary Feature|
Host Ellen DeGeneres did a pretty good job at keeping the show going without too much of her and not enough of why we're all there. Her humor was usually well-received by the audience, but she got a hushed groan when she called Liza Minelli a man. My favorite parts were when she ordered pizza for the audience and passed it out complete with paper plates and napkins, and when she decided to attempt the most re-Tweets ever by getting Meryl Streep and others into a selfie:
She managed to crash Twitter in the process!
The best acceptance speech was when 20 Feet From Stardom subject Darlene Love sang her appreciation for the award that the movie received for Best Documentary Feature. Most of the winners were very gracious and humble, and few needed the music to usher them off the stage (or the Academy was being generous this year).
The ceremony always goes long, and this year was no different. It ended a little after 11pm Central Time, but it seemed shorter this year than in the past. They also didn't seem to rush through the last half hour like they do so often because they've overstayed their welcome and everyone is starting to look at their watches wanting to get to the after-parties.
Some people don't like the whole affair, but I tend to enjoy watching the show. The audience was more into it this year, it seemed, and playing along with Ellen's routines (just look at the faces the stars were making in the "selfie" photo) made it fun and kept everyone from looking like a bunch of stuffed shirts.
You can catch some of the winning and nominated movies still playing in some theaters, so check out the listing above or the Academy Award® Winners and Nominees page in Now Showing for a complete run-down of those that are still playing.
Many of the movies are also available on home video, or will be coming out in the next few weeks. Check out the following links to see what's available in your desired format:
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.