Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Prospector Theater's Pop-Up Shop
Add Your Comments
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
- St. Charles, MO: AMC Streets of St Charles 8 Opening November 17, 2014 [11/14]
- Glenview, IL: Regal Glen 10 Closed [11/4]
- North Little Rock, AR: Cinemark Tandy Movies 10 Closed [11/4]
- Cincinnati, OH: The Screens at Cincinnati Mall Opens in Former Danbarry Dollar Saver - Cincinnati Mills Site [10/24]
- Aurora, CO: Aurora Movie Tavern Debuts New Amenities [10/24]
- El Monte, CA: Edwards El Monte 8 Closed [10/24]
- Neil Patrick Harris Announced as Host of 2015 Academy Awards Ceremony [10/15]
The Prospector Theater in Ridgefield, Connecticut is still under construction, but movies are now being shown in a storefront location called the Prospector Theater's Pop-Up Shop.
The Ridgefield Press published an article recently about the new operation, and the work that is progressing:
“We want to bring white-gloved ushers back, to open the doors and welcome our audiences,” said the Prospector Theater’s Valerie Jensen.
“Other theaters are interested in seeing how few people they can operate with. We’re approaching this from the opposite.”
Ms. Jensen is the founder and activating spirit of the Prospector, under construction on the site of the old Playhouse movie theater on Prospect Street — and also of the Prospector Pop-Up, a storefront at 454 Main Street that is bringing movies and other programing to town in advance of the big theater’s opening this summer.
While the building on Prospect Street is still under construction, the Prospector has already begun hosting events — and movies — at the Prospector Pop-Up, a storefront at 454 Main Street with seating for 40 and a big-screen, high-end media system that gives the feel of a theater.
Click the Read link below to view the full article.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.