Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Albuquerque, NM: Flix Brewhouse - Albuquerque Opens [12/7]
- Bethesda, MD: Regal Bethesda 10 Closing December 15, 2016 [12/7]
- Houston, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Vintage Park Sold to Star Cinema Grill [12/7]
- Lawrenceville, GA: Grand Opening for Carmike Ovation Cinema Grill 11 on December 8, 2016 [12/6]
- Sacramento, CA: Century Arden 14 and XD Opens on Site of Former Century Stadium 14 [12/1]
- West Dundee, IL: Cinemark Spring Hill Mall and XD to Open December 15, 2016 [11/30]
- Chandler, AZ: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Chandler Opens December 2, 2016 [11/30]
- Oak Creek, WI: Marcus Value Cinema - Oak Creek Being Sold to Church [11/30]
- Montgomery, AL: Evans Theatres - Eastdale Mall 8 Damaged by Rain - Closed Temporarily [11/30]
- Warren, MI: Cinemark Warren 16 Closed and Will Become an MJR Theatres Location in 2017 [11/28]
Marcus Theatres announced new details about their plans for a new location in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, which is just North of Madison. They had purchased a 16-acre property at the interchange of Hwy 151 and Hwy C in 2009, but it seems that this is a different (11.6 acre) parcel, and the previous parcel was repurchased by the developer in 2013. The new location is still near the same interchange, but it is located between the Costco and the Target, just North of the previous location.
The new theater, which Marcus hopes will be open in time for the 2014 holiday movie season, will have 12 auditoriums that will all feature their "DreamLoungerSM" recliner seating and be reserved seats. There will be two of their big-screen concept UltraScreen DLX™ auditoriums, four Big Screen Bistro® in-theater dining auditoriums, a Zaffiro's Express, and a Take Five Lounge.
The DreamLounger seats are described as "spacious, comfortable leather recliners" with extra leg room between each row. They are already available at Marcus locations in Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Ohio. (Watch video)
The UltraScreen DLX auditoriums will have 64-foot wide screens, Dolby Atmos audio systems, and the DreamLounger electric reclining chairs.
The Big Screen Bistros are in-theater dining auditoriums, where you can enjoy various drink selections, chef-prepared items, and the DreamLounger seats have swivel tables to hold it all.
The Take Five Lounge will offer locally brewed beer selections, cocktails, and various food items. It will seat 100 people and will feature a 20-foot wide HD screen for viewing "entertainment content" (think sporting events), and even will have an outdoor patio.
“This will truly be an innovative cinema,” Rodriguez said. “We are introducing a strikingly new theatre design in Sun Prairie. Dramatic modern lines, a towering glass atrium and a sweeping entrance canopy, combined with stunning stone, tile and metal finishes, will create a gorgeous environment. We are very happy to become part of the vibrant new Prairie Lakes development and would like to thank Sun Prairie city officials and Prairie Development Ltd. for working with us so diligently to bring this amazing new entertainment venue to Sun Prairie and the surrounding greater Madison, Wis., area.”
Opening by November 2014 is a very aggressive schedule, so it's going to take some very good weather and many other favorable conditions for that deadline to be met, in our opinion. This sounds like it will be an impressive movie theater, and it's been a long time in coming, so hopefully it will be worth the wait for moviegoers in the Madison and Sun Prairie area.
When it opens, the original plan was for the nearby Marcus Eastgate Cinemas to close. Nothing was mentioned about that location's fate, but it's reasonable to expect that to still be the case.
Marcus Theatres states that it is currently the fifth largest movie theater circuit in the United States, owning and/or operating 55 locations in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio.
Source: Marcus Theatres Press Release. Photo of the DreamLounger seating is courtesy Marcus Theatres.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.