Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Landmark Downer Theatre
- Landmark Oriental Theatre
- Fox Bay Cinema Grill
Whitefish Bay, WI
- Allen, TX: Renovations Coming to Cinemark Allen 16 and XD [9/21]
- Danvers, MA: Hollywood Hits Theatre Closed [9/12]
- Chattanooga, TN: Regal Hamilton Place 8 Reopens [9/9]
- Waukee, IA: Proposed Theater Plans Include Largest IMAX Screen in U.S. [9/8]
- San Jose, CA: Camera 12 to Close Friday [9/8]
- Lexington, KY: Cinemark Movies 10 - Woodhill Closed [9/7]
- Oxford, ME: Flagship Cinemas Reopens as Luxury Theater [9/6]
- New York, NY: AMC Announces Reserved Seating at All Manhattan AMC Locations [9/1]
- Pleasant Hills, PA: Carmike Southland 9 Closed [8/25]
- New York, NY: Landmark Theatres Plans New 8-Screen Theater [8/24]
The Landmark Oriental Theatre in Milwaukee, Wisconsin fell victim Monday to the cold temperatures that the area has been experiencing, and the loss of its heating system has closed the theater until at least Thursday, January 9th, 2014, according to an article published in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel today:
According to a spokesman for Landmark Theatres, which operates the theater, the Oriental will be closed until further notice and at least until Thursday.It closed Monday after its heating system failed and remained closed Tuesday.
After an inspection New Land Enterprises, which owns the building, ordered a replacement boiler and its arrival and installation date is unclear.
Click the Read link to view the full article.
The two closest movie theaters to the Oriental are the Landmark Downer Theatre and the Fox Bay Cinema Grill, but you can check out this list of other nearby theaters for more choices as well. Unfortunately, no other theater in the area is playing three of the four movies that were playing at the Oriental (Dallas Buyers Club, Inside Llewyn Davis, and Philomena).
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Cold weather has kept me away from Celebration Cinema Crossroads so I won't see "Mandela:Long Walk to Freedom.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.