Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
Digital Cinema Destinations Corp., which operates theaters under the Digiplex Destinations brand, has signed a purchase agreement for the Paragon Ocean Walk 10 in Daytona Beach, Florida from Paragon Entertainment Group, according to a press release issued recently by the company.
The theater is part of the Ocean Walk Shoppes dining and entertainment center and was taken over by Paragon in February 2013. The agreement at the time was for a 15-year lease.
Digiplex will be licensing the "My Pi" concept from Paragon, which offers custom pizza and craft beers, which is the company's first foray into the theater-restaurant combination that has become very popular in the past couple of years.
Mike Whalen, President of Paragon Theaters, stated, “We are very pleased that our Daytona location will be in good hands under Digiplex’s innovative management. Their team has a proven track record and a growing reputation for bringing expanded entertainment options to appreciative audiences around the country. Daytona cinemagoers will soon have the chance to enjoy opera, live sports, curated DigiNext content and much more, as well as the finest in Hollywood tent-poles and smaller, independently produced titles.”
The deal is expected to be finalized sometime during the first quarter of 2014. As part of the deal, Digiplex has the right of first-refusal on the Paragon Deerfield 8 in Deerfield Beach.
Paragon Entertainment currently operates seven locations in Florida. Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. currently has 20 locations around the country. This will be its first location in Florida to be open, but a new location in New Smyrna Beach was announced by the company in October 2013.
Source: Digital Cinema Destinations Corp. Press Release. Photo above courtesy Paragon Ocean Walk 10 at Daytona Beach.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.