Remove ads with our VIP Service
- TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX
Add Your Comments
- Bonita Springs, FL: Prado Stadium 12 Featured in Spotlight Magazines [3/4]
- Note Added to "Noah" Explaining That It's Not a Documentary [2/28]
- Buy One Oscar Nominee Ticket at AMC, Get One Free (conditions apply) [2/10]
- Barnes & Noble Stores Hosting Events Tied to "The LEGO Movie" [1/21]
- Entertainment Weekly Interviews Ben Affleck About "Gone Girl" [11/24]
- See a 5-Minute Clip for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" Before "Thor: The Dark World 3D" [10/23]
- High-Def Digest Reviews "The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience" at the Newly Remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood [9/24]
- 20th Century Fox to Distribute Jesus Christ Movie 'Son of God' [9/12]
- Newton, IA: Valle Drive-In Wants Your Vote for a Free Digital Projector [8/23]
- Hollywood, CA: See "The Little Mermaid 3D" at El Capitan Starting Sept. 20th [8/22]
Michael S. Palmer from the Blu-ray review web site High-Def Digest posted a review of his recent experience at a press screening of The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience at the newly-remodeled TCL Chinese Theatre IMAX in Hollywood, California.
The historic landmark theater with all those concrete hand- and footprints in its forecourt just finished a remodeling project which converted its single screen into one of the largest IMAX auditoriums in the world. Its reopening was timed well with the release of an IMAX 3D conversion of the 1939 classic The Wizard of Oz, which is aptly named The Wizard of Oz: An IMAX 3D Experience.
Palmer's account of his experience is well worth reading, as it gives you not only an impression of the new theater but also of the job that was done converting a beloved classic into 3D. You want to make the team in charge of the conversion nervous? Tell them that the first audiences will see it on a 90' wide by 46' tall screen!
Click the Read link below to view the full story!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.