Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Little Mermaid 3D 
- El Capitan
Add Your Comments
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
- Moviescoop Changes Name to Golden Star Theaters [6/20]
- Stay for the End Credits of "22 Jump Street" [6/13]
- "Ghostbusters" 30th Anniversary Celebrated with Re-Release on Labor Day Weekend Followed by Blu-ray Release [6/6]
- USA Today Offers a Sneak Peek at "The Book of Life" [5/30]
- New Batmobile Teased by Director Zack Snyder in Twitter Post [5/12]
- One Man's Problem with Superhero Movies Hits the Nail on the Head [5/9]
- New York, NY: New York Movie Palaces Remembered in Hollywood Reporter Article [5/6]
Back in January, we reported that the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D had been delayed indefinitely (read the article). The movie is being released in 3D on Blu-ray October 1st, so I guess it made sense for Disney to roll it out at the El Capitan in Hollywood, California so that fans can see it on the big screen after all.
According to the theater's official web site, the movie will be playing from September 20 - October 13, 2013, and moviegoers will be able to see Sofia from Sofia the First live on stage before the movie. After the movie, Ariel will make an appearance on the stage. View the Showtimes page for dates and times, and you can purchase tickets from a link on their web site.
Of course, this requires you to make the trip to Hollywood if you want to see the movie on the big screen. If you can't do that, you can pre-order the movie on Blu-ray and get it on October 1st and watch it at home for much less than the cost of plane tickets for you and the family (probably less than cab fare for those in the Los Angeles area)!
Gift Shop merchant Amazon.com has the movie right now for $34.96, which is 30% off the list price. If their price goes down between the time you pre-order and when it's released, they automatically refund the difference, which makes pre-ordering a sure bet!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.