Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Batman Begins 
- Batman Begins: The IMAX Experience 
- The Dark Knight Rises 
- The Dark Knight Rises: The IMAX Experience 
- The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience 
- The Dark Knight 
- Justice League 
Add Your Comments
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
- Moviescoop Changes Name to Golden Star Theaters [6/20]
- Stay for the End Credits of "22 Jump Street" [6/13]
- "Ghostbusters" 30th Anniversary Celebrated with Re-Release on Labor Day Weekend Followed by Blu-ray Release [6/6]
- USA Today Offers a Sneak Peek at "The Book of Life" [5/30]
- New Batmobile Teased by Director Zack Snyder in Twitter Post [5/12]
- One Man's Problem with Superhero Movies Hits the Nail on the Head [5/9]
- New York, NY: New York Movie Palaces Remembered in Hollywood Reporter Article [5/6]
Entertainment Weekly asked actor Christian Bale if he was going to reprise his role as Batman in the new Justice League movie, which is due in 2015 and will team up Batman, Superman, and other DC comic heroes. This has been a question since the movie was just a rumor in someone's ear, and we get the answer from the Dark Knight himself:
“We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three [Batman films]. That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy,” says Bale, who called EW to promote his upcoming revenge drama Out of the Furnace (in theaters Nov. 27). “Chris [Nolan] always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”
The actor says he hasn’t even been involved in official talks about a Justice League movie. ”I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I’ve literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that’s it.” But he says he’s not sad to pass Batman’s cowl into new hands: “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”
Click the Read link to view the full article.
Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan racked up quite a successful trilogy in Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and last year's The Dark Knight Rises. The ending of the final movie wrapped up the trilogy nicely, and it's good to hear that Nolan and Bale are willing to put the movies behind them and let someone else reboot the character.
The existence of Justice League is a no-brainer, given the success of Marvel's The Avengers which teamed up many successful comic book heroes from the Marvel camp, and the recent success of the Superman movie Man of Steel. Unfortunately for DC Comics, the other superheroes haven't gotten the same screen time as their Marvel counterparts. Only Green Lantern has been featured in a movie, and it didn't go all that well, so he will have to be rebooted and, at the very least, Wonder Woman needs to finally get her movie, in order for them to hope for an Avenger's style level of hype.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.