Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Man of Steel 
- Man of Steel: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Man of Steel: An IMAX Experience 
- Man of Steel in 3D 
Add Your Comments
- $5 Tuesday Promotion Comes to Wehrenberg Theatres [1/16]
- LucasFilm and Disney Will Not Recreate Carrie Fisher's Likeness for "Star Wars: Episode IX" [1/15]
- A Rundown of the Reshoots and Work Done on "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" [1/15]
- An Examination of Iconic and Forgettable Soundtracks in Movies [12/15]
- Hollywood, CA: X-Wing Fighter Parked on Hollywood Boulevard -- Disney and LucasFilm Win All Movie Promo Awards for the Foreseeable Future [12/8]
- Disney World Turning Epcot's Spaceship Earth Into Death Star for "Rogue One" Event - Video Added [12/2]
- Looking Back on "Casino Royale" 10 Years Later [11/17]
- Save $2 on 3 or More Movie Tickets - Good Through 9/25/2016 [9/20]
- Bakersfield, CA: KGET Takes a Behind-the-Scenes Tour of Historic Fox Theater [8/30]
- See a Movie at a Drive-in This Weekend -- Follow These Steps to Find a Drive-in Near You! [8/25]
Watertower Music is offering up 90-second samples of each track of the soundtrack for the upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel. The soundtrack is composed by Academy Award®, Grammy, and Golden Globe-winning composer Hans Zimmer, and he is probably best known for his work on Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" movies, Gladiator, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, among others.
Click the Read link below to listen to the samples!
I was a little surprised by how much I liked it. While I really liked some of his past soundtracks, Zimmer got a little "experimental" with the one for The Dark Knight Rises, and it doesn't stand on its own as well as some of his other works. This soundtrack, however, sounds good all on its own and I haven't even seen the movie, so that I could attach visuals to the audio. The tracks are more orchestral, and dare I say it, super-hero-like, and I think it's going to go very well with the themes of the movie.
The soundtrack will be available in two editions, both releasing on June 11, 2013. A standard two-disc, 18-song soundtrack will be joined by a limited deluxe edition that comes in an embossed steel case, contains 24 songs, and includes access to behind-the-scenes videos.
You can preorder the deluxe edition and the standard edition on Amazon now. If you prefer electronic downloads, the 18-track MP3 album can be pre-ordered from Amazon's MP3 Store and the Deluxe Editions is available for preorder on iTunes as well.
Man of Steel: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Limited Deluxe Edition)
Man of Steel: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
For more information about the differences between the editions, please see our previous Journal article, 2-Disc "Man of Steel" Soundtrack Coming June 11, 2013.
Man of Steel opens in theaters June 14, 2013 in 2D, 3D, IMAX, and IMAX 3D formats. For more information about the movie, please see the Information Page for links, videos, photos, and more!
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending us the link to the samples!
What Do You Think of the Soundtrack Samples?
I'm now anticipating the movie more than ever as a result of listening to these samples. What was your reaction? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.