Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Ahead the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board has released its 2013 lineup for its "Movies in the Park" series, where you can watch some classic favorites, free, under the stars in parks around the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.
Over 60 movies will be shown from June 7 through August 24, 2013, organized by themes, such as "Always Favorite" and "Minnesota Connections." Movies start 15 minutes after sunset and are subject to the weather (remember the "under the stars" part).
To give you an idea of their selections, here is the first week's schedule:
|Friday, June 07, 2013||Always Favorite||Ferris Bueller's Day Off||Lake Harriet Bandshell|
|Saturday, June 08, 2013||Action Adventures||Rocky||Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr|
|Monday, June 10, 2013||New Release||The Avengers||Van Cleve Park|
|Tuesday, June 11, 2013||B&W||Casablanca||Father Hennepin Bluffs|
|Wednesday, June 12, 2013||Always Favorite||The Princess Bride||Powderhorn Park|
|Thursday, June 13, 2013||Viewer's Choice||VIEWER'S CHOICE: For the Family||Victory Memorial Drive|
The Music and Movies in the Park web site has the complete details, including a downloadable schedule.
According to the web site, the Movies in the Parks series began in 2007 as a way for the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board to provide free entertainment to residents in their neighborhoods.
Have You Attended Movies in the Park?
Have you gone to one of these events in the past? Let us know how it was by leaving a comment below!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.