Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Casablanca 
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
LOUISVILLE, KY - Oct 9, 2006 - Straight from the golden days of Hollywood to a theatre near you, Humana (NYSE: HUM) today announced that it will bring the 1942 classic "Casablanca" back to the big screen in select movie theatres nationwide as part of a campaign to preview its 2007 Medicare Advantage health plans.
The special screening events are designed to introduce those eligible for Medicare and their caregivers to Humana's 2007 Medicare Advantage plans in a fun and entertaining environment.
"As Humana learned last year, education is key to helping those eligible for Medicare understand what subtle changes may be ahead for 2007," said Steve Brueckner, Humana vice president for senior products. "Continuing our industry-leading educational efforts around Medicare and providing guidance to seniors in learning ways to get the most value from their benefits creates a positive experience."
In addition to "Casablanca," attendees will also see "Changing Lives," a short film about Humana that features several Humana Medicare Advantage members. Since no trip to the movies would be complete without popcorn and soda, refreshments will be served to all attendees.
The nationwide program, produced in conjunction with National CineMedia's CineMeetings & Events, will take place between Oct. 11th and Nov. 9th 2006 in select AMC, Cinemark, Regal Entertainment Group and affiliate movie theatre locations from coast to coast and will include such cities as San Diego, San Francisco, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Atlanta and Asheville, North Carolina.
These special screening events mark the first time in more than 60 years that the classic Humphrey Bogart epic will be seen nationally in movie theatres, according to officials at Warner Brothers Studios.
Because seating is limited, anyone eligible for Medicare (or their caregivers) who would like to attend should make a reservation by calling toll free 1-866-836-7902 or visiting www.humana-movie.com for more information on the locations, times and dates that "Casablanca" will be shown in their area.
"This is a great opportunity to see one of the greatest American movies of all time on the big screen. Many people with Medicare have seen 'Casablanca' on their televisions but have never had a chance to see it the way it was intended to be seen, on the big screen in a movie theater with popcorn and soda" said Bruce Feinstein, Humana Medicare marketing. "Humana is thrilled to make this opportunity available as part of our 2007 Medicare Advantage health plan preview campaign, and I believe people will find that this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship with our company."
"This program is an example of Humana's innovative approach to Medicare and its commitment to its customers. By combining information with classic entertainment in the comfort and convenience of movie theatres, Humana is able to communicate with its customers in a unique and enjoyable way," added Michael D. Schonberger, vice president of sales and marketing with National CineMedia's CineMeetings & Events.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health benefits companies, with more than 11 million medical members. Humana offers a diversified portfolio of health insurance products and related services - through traditional and consumer-choice plans - to employer groups, government-sponsored plans, and individuals.
Over its 45-year history, Humana has consistently seized opportunities to meet changing customer needs. Today, the company is a leader in consumer engagement, providing guidance that leads to lower costs and a better health plan experience throughout its diversified customer portfolio.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company's web site at http://www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual report to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentation;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference call;
- Calendar of events (includes upcoming earnings conference call dates, times, and access number, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance Information.
About National CineMedia
National CineMedia, LLC is a venture of AMC Entertainment Inc., Cinemark USA, Inc. and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), three of the world's leading theatrical exhibition companies. The company develops pre feature entertainment; cinema and lobby advertising products; comprehensive meeting and event services; and alternative forms of entertainment content for distribution across the approximately 13,000 screens operated by its owner theatre circuits and other theatre affiliates. Over 11,000 of these screens are part of NCM's Digital Content Network (DCN), one of the world's largest in-theatre digital distribution networks. The network provides content and advertising to 150 U.S. markets, including 49 of the top 50, reaching an estimated 525 million movie patrons annually. For additional information, please go to www.ncm.com.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.