Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Gangster Squad 
Add Your Comments
- Photos Added for "No Good Deed" [9/5]
- Final Trailer Added for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" [6/19]
- New Photos Added for "Think Like A Man Too" [6/17]
- New Photos and Videos Added for "22 Jump Street" [6/6]
- "Jupiter Ascending" Moved to February 2015, "Run All Night" Bumped [6/5]
- Milwaukee, WI: Avalon Theatre Getting Stars [5/30]
- Mequon, WI: Photos Added for Marcus North Shore Cinemas [5/2]
- Movie Theater Photos Added - 17 Theaters in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Wisconsin [4/24]
- Third Hobbit Movie Title Changed to "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" [4/24]
- "Magic Mike XXL" Confirmed for July 3, 2015 Release [4/16]
It's Los Angeles in 1949, and ruthless, Brooklyn-born mob king Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) runs the show in this town, reaping the ill-gotten gains from the drugs, the guns, the prostitutes and—if he has his way—every wire bet placed west of Chicago. And he does it all with the protection of not only his own paid goons, but also the police and the politicians who are under his control.
It's enough to intimidate even the bravest, street-hardened cop... except, perhaps, for the small, secret crew of LAPD outsiders led by Sgt. John O'Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Ryan Gosling), who come together to try to tear Cohen's world apart.
As seen in the trailer, the movie drips with an atmosphere of days gone by when justice was largely about who had the most guns and the best connections. There was another trailer that was released earlier this summer, but was pulled by the studio after the shootings in Aurora, Colorado due to some scenes that were similar to that event.
We also have some photos from the movie on the Photo Gallery page, so you can see some of the same scenes shown in the trailer.
Gangster Squad opens in theaters January 11th, 2013, so head over to the Movie Information page for all the information we have for the movie so far. The Read link below will take you directly to the Trailers & Videos page.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.