Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- Greenfield, WI: Silver Cinemas - Budget South Closed [11/24]
- Bakersfield, CA: IMAX Coming to Reading Cinemas Valley Plaza 16 [11/23]
- Pagedale, MO: 24:1 Cinema Now Open [11/23]
- Wentzville, MO: B & B Wentzville Tower 12 Now Open [11/23]
- Princeton, NJ: AMC Marketfair 10 Now Open [11/23]
- Tacoma, WA: Century Point Ruston and XD Now Open [11/19]
- "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" in Dolby Cinema [11/17]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks to Open in 2016 [11/11]
- Fort Collins, CO: Cinemark Movie Bistro and XD Now Open [11/10]
- La Quinta, CA: Century La Quinta and XD Now Open [11/6]
In 1982, Steven Spielberg introduced the world to a cute-in-his-own-way alien in E.T. The Extra Terrestrial and had people everywhere imitating his voice saying "phone home." (if that sounds ridiculous, keep in mind that in a few short months, we'll have many thousands of teenagers lining up at midnight to watch vampires that sparkle in the sunlight)
30 years later, the movie that launched Reese's Pieces comes back to theaters for a one-night-only event on Wednesday, October 3, 2012, titled TCM Presents E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial 30th Anniversary. The main event will be at 7pm local time, with matinees at select locations at 2pm that day.
NCM® Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), and Universal Pictures are presenting this event as part of the studio's 100th Anniversary celebration. It features the all-new, digitally remastered feature film, as well as an introduction by TCM host Ben Mankiewicz, who will take audiences through the making of the movie. According to the press release, fans will discover how Spielberg came up with the idea for "E.T." and learn what working on the movie was like for its three young stars. Drew Barrymore, who plays Gertie in the film (and co-hosts TCM's "The Essentials"), shares what the film means to her 30 years later.
The movie will be released on Blu-ray October 9, 2012 as an Anniversary Edition that contains the movie on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital Copy, and UltraViolet (streaming):
|E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Anniversary Edition (Combo Pack: Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) (currently 49% off list price!)
According to the press release, this title "includes the 1982 theatrical movie, an all-new interview with Spielberg, and “The E.T. Journals,” featuring never-before-seen footage from the set of the film." If that truly means that we will get the 1982 theatrical release, and not the modified version of the movie that was done for the 20th anniversary (replacing guns with walkie-talkies, changing dialog, etc.), collectors will be very happy indeed!
The trailer for the Blu-ray release appears below:
Source: NCM Fathom Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.