Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes 
- Monkey Business 
- The Seven Year Itch 
- Some Like it Hot 
- On Home Video: "Arrival" - February 14, 2017 [1/11]
- Gift Cards Make Great Gifts! [12/23]
- On Home Video: December 6, 2016 - Jason Bourne, The Secret Life of Pets, and more [12/7]
- Read the Book Before You See "The Shack" [12/5]
- Gift Cards for Theaters and Restaurants Make Great Gifts! [12/1]
- On Home Video: November 15, 2016 [11/16]
- Listen to the Soundtrack for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" [11/14]
- Buy All Four Hunger Games Movies for $24.99 - 11/7/2016 Deal of the Day [11/7]
- Get the Music of "Trolls" - Purchase the Soundtrack [11/2]
- "Underworld" and "Resident Evil: Afterlife" Coming to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray with HDR, Atmos Soundtracks [10/17]
Actress Marilyn Monroe made only 30 movies before her death at the early age of 36, but it's safe to say that she made quite a mark in that short time!
Her first role (albeit uncredited) was in 1947 for the movie The Shocking Miss Pilgrim. She went on to have larger roles in movies such as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, The Seven Year Itch, and she won a Golden Globe in 1960 for Best Motion Picture Actress - Musical/Comedy for Some Like it Hot.
Few actresses are more iconic and recognizable, and Barnes and Noble is remembering the blonde bombshell on the 50th anniversary of her death on August 5, 1962 with a special 50% discount on the book "Marilyn: Intimate Exposures"
The special pricing is only valid on Sunday, August 5, 2012, so click here to view more information about the book and to purchase a copy of your own.
We haven't received our review copy yet, so I can't elaborate on the contents of the book first-hand, but the description of the book is as follows:
Includes frameable print!
2012 is the 50th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death, and this lavishly illustrated volume celebrates her enduring beauty through photographs by legendary Hollywood photographer Bruno Bernard. Bernard's iconic photograph of Marilyn standing over the subway grate in a billowing white dress is synonymous with Hollywood glamour and sex appeal, and many of the images here have never before been published. They cover key moments in Marilyn's life, including her first professional sitting in 1946, all enlivened by fascinating excerpts from Bruno's journal.
Fans of the blonde bombshell will also treasure the stunning, frameable print included with this keepsake book, and both Jane Russell (Marilyn's co-star in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes) and Lindsay Lohan have contributed forewords.
Win a Free Copy of the Book!
You have a chance to win a free copy of the book by leaving a comment below. Tell us your favorite Marilyn Monroe movie, a particular memory you have of her, or what you think of the state of women's roles in movies in the past 50 years. Whatever comes to mind that is pertinent to the subject at hand!
After a week, we'll draw a name from those who commented, and select one to receive a copy of the book! You can leave as many comments as you wish, but you are only entered once in the drawing no matter how many times you comment. Only one book will be given away.
Update: We received our copy of the book and are looking it over. It's big! A full review will follow in the near future.
Update: The promotion at Barnes & Noble is over, but Amazon has it for 49% off, which is close enough for us.
Update: We've extended the giveaway deadline to Sunday, August 19, 2012. Leave your comment below for your chance to win!
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.