Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Watch Emma Watson in the Trailer for "The Circle" - Photos Added [12/7]
- New Videos and Photos Added for "Passengers" [12/6]
- Trailer and Photos Added for "The Shack" [12/5]
- Watch the Trailer for Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" - 12 Photos Added [12/5]
- New Videos Added for "Assassin's Creed" [12/4]
- Watch the New Teaser Trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" [12/4]
- Buy Tickets for "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" Now! [11/28]
- Get $2 off 4 or More Movie Tickets at Fandango - Expires Nov 21, 2016 [11/11]
- 47 Photos Added for "Arrival" [11/10]
- Several Sony Movies Change Release Dates [11/7]
Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, Inc. announced yesterday that G.I. Joe: Retaliation is being moved from its June 29, 2012 release date to March 29, 2013, and during that time, it will be converted into 3D:
“It is increasingly evident that 3D resonates with movie-goers globally and together with Paramount, we made the decision to bring fans an even more immersive entertainment experience,” said Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s President and CEO.
“In 2012, we continue to have several strong motion picture and television entertainment backed properties that are selling well at retail and our entertainment strategy remains strong and on-track,” Goldner said. “Through our own Hasbro Studios for television and in partnership with several movie studios including Paramount, Universal, Sony and Relativity, we are creating entertainment experiences around many of our highly popular iconic brands. For the full year 2012, we continue to believe, absent the impact of foreign exchange, we will again grow revenues and earnings per share.”
Considering that the movie was about a month away from being released (some theaters had already scheduled showtimes and sold tickets), this is a surprising change for a movie that was one of Paramount's big summer releases. One wonders if the lackluster performance of Battleship (another Hasbro property) in theaters didn't factor into the decision...
Source: Hasbro, Inc. Press Release
Add Your Comments
Please Note: These comments are submitted by the readers of The BigScreen Cinema Guide and represent their own personal opinions, and do not represent the views of The BigScreen Cinema Guide, or any of its associated entities.
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.