Remove ads with our VIP Service
- After the Thin Man 
- Classic Cinemas Lake Theatre
Oak Park, IL
Add Your Comments
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
- Buffalo, NY: North Park Theatre to Reopen March 7, 2014 [3/4]
The historic Lake Theatre in Oak Park, Illinois is celebrating its 75th anniversary with a series of classic movies from 1936.
The next one in the series is After the Thin Man, starring William Powell, Myrna Loy, and James Stewart, on Monday, November 14 at 1:00 and 7:00 pm and admission is $5.00.
According to the theater's web site, the art deco Lake Theatre opened on April 11, 1936, with a single screen that had a seating capacity of 1,420. Classic Cinemas purchased the theater in 1984 and began repairing and renovating the theater to return its former glory. That renovation saw the single screen converted into three screens. Expansions into adjacent spaces later brought the screen count to seven, which is what it is today. The remodeling project was completed in March 2009.
Have You Been to the Lake Theatre?
Leave your memories and comments on the theater's Reader Comments page!
Related News Articles
- Oak Park's historic Lake movie theater celebrates 75th birthday -- WBEZ 91.5 [April 11, 2011]
- Oak Park’s Lake Theatre still thriving after 75 years -- Chicago Sun Times
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.