Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "The Interview" Release Scrapped [12/17]
- Des Moines, IA: Flix Brewhouse to Open in Merle Hay Mall December 17, 2014 [12/16]
- Des Moines, IA: Merle Hay Mall Cinema Closes, Flix Brewhouse to Open in Mall on Wednesday [12/16]
- Rocklin, CA: Studio Movie Grill Opening Soon [12/12]
- Baldwin, NY: Bow Tie Grand Avenue Cinemas Closed [12/11]
- Next James Bond Movie Has a Title: "Spectre" - Look at the Poster, the Car, see the Cast List, and watch the Announcement! [12/4]
- Carlsbad, CA: Moviemax Closes, Regal Carlsbad 12 Set to Open December 11, 2014 [12/3]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Theatres Takes Over Former Regal Glen 10 Location [11/18]
- Hornell, NY: Movie Theater to Reopen in December [11/18]
- West Valley City, UT: Carmike Ritz 15 - Hollywood Connection Closed [11/17]
Before its release on Blu-ray on October 4, 2011, Disney's The Lion King is coming back to theaters in three dimensions with the release of The Lion King 3D on September 16, 2011. To celebrate the release, kids will get Simba-themed RealD 3D glasses that they can keep after the movie.
The glasses are designed to fit children 8 years of age and younger, and will be available until supplies last, so there's a very good chance that they will not be available by the end of the two-week engagement.
“‘The Lion King’ is an animated classic that a new generation will be able to experience like never before when it’s shown in theatres for the first time in fully immersive RealD 3D,” said Joseph Peixoto, President, Worldwide Cinema at RealD. “I can’t think of a better way for kids to get in on the fun than with their own pair of Simba-themed RealD 3D glasses that they can take home as a reminder of Disney’s epic story about the cub that would be king.”
If you're interested in this offer, check out the opening-day Showtimes page for the movie and make your plans today!
If you're not going to make it to the theaters to see the movie, check out the links below for information about the Blu-ray releases coming October 4th:
- The Lion King (Two-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray / DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging)
- The Lion King (Four-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
- The Lion King Trilogy (Eight-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
If you have the gear at home, you can watch the movie in 3D from the comfort of your own chair but there aren't any cool themed glasses in either of the 3D packs. For those of us that would rather see the movie the way it was originally created and presented, the 2D version is available in each of the above packages.
Source: RealD Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.