Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Top Gun 
Add Your Comments
- Scottsdale, AZ: RoadHouse Cinemas - Scottsdale Now Open [5/19]
- Battle Creek, MI: Former Cheap Flicks Hoping for June 2016 Opening [5/18]
- Santa Barbara, CA:Santa Barbara International Film Festival Makes New Home at Riviera Theatre [5/18]
- Springfield, MO: Wehrenberg Campbell 16 Cine Closing July 31, 2016 [5/16]
- Leeds, AL: Coyote Drive-In Now Open [5/11]
- Huntsville, AL: Cinemark Monaco Adding XD Auditorium, Luxury Lounger Seating [5/9]
- Rancho Mirage, CA: Luxury Lounger Recliners Coming to Century at The River and XD [5/9]
- Cerritos, CA: Harkins Cerritos 16 Now Open [5/9]
- Muskegon, MI: Harbor Cinema Closed [5/9]
- El Paso, TX: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - Montecillo Now Open [5/4]
Tom Cruise is basically a household name; gaining notoriety for his work in movies as well as jumping on couches on a TV talk show. However, back in the early 80's, he wasn't nearly as well known, but he was making his mark with a starring role in Risky Business. His real breakout role was in Top Gun where played Maverick, a cocky Navy fighter pilot who goes up against the "best of the best" with plenty of adrenaline and backed up by a great 80's soundtrack.
Top Gun was released in theaters in May of 1986, and that means that it's celebrating its 25th anniversary this year! AMC Theatres is partnering with Paramount Pictures to offer moviegoers that chance to feel the need, the need for speed at select locations around the country as they bring back Top Gun for two days only.
Select AMC Theatres locations will be showing the movie on Saturday, April 30th and Monday, May 2nd. Each attendee will receive a free, full-size 25th anniversary Top Gun poster to commemorate the event and each theater will be giving away one Top Gun Blu-ray Disc. This disc will include extensive bonus features and a digital copy of the movie and will be available only at the theaters until its retail release on May 10th, 2011.
"TOP GUN is a wild ride from start to finish," said Robert J. Lenihan, president of programming at AMC. "We’re excited to partner with Paramount to offer guests the opportunity to watch the high-flying action on the big screen one more time and celebrate the 25th anniversary of this fast-paced movie with a new generation of moviegoers."
To see which theaters are playing the movie, click on the dates below:
For a complete list of participating theaters, click the Read link below!
Source: AMC Theatres Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.