Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
- Captain America: The First Avenger 
- The Dark Knight Rises 
- The Dark Knight 
- The Dark Knight: The IMAX Experience 
- Immortals 
- Immortals in 3D 
- Iron Man 
- Iron Man 2 
- Iron Man 2: The IMAX Experience 
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole An IMAX Experience 
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole in 3D 
- Man of Steel 
- Marvel's The Avengers 
- Sucker Punch 
- Sucker Punch in 3D 
- Sucker Punch: The IMAX Experience 
- Superman 
- Superman II 
- Superman Returns 
- Superman Returns: An IMAX 3D Experience 
Add Your Comments
- Warren, MI: MJR Universal Grand Cinema 16 Expected to Open April 7, 2017 [3/22]
- Gibsonton, FL: Goodrich Riverview 14 GDX Now Open [3/21]
- Hilliard, OH: Movie Tavern - Mill Run Closing April 9, 2017 [3/10]
- Fernandina Beach, FL: B & B Theaters Amelia Island 7 Opens in Former Carmike Island 7 Space [3/10]
- Chicago, IL: Chatham 14 Theaters Becomes Studio Movie Grill - Chatham [3/8]
- Fallston, MD: Fallston Movies Opens March 9, 2017 [3/8]
- Omaha, NE: Dundee Theatre Staging a Comeback [3/7]
- Omaha, NE: Marcus Midtown Cinema Closing? [3/7]
- Doral, FL: Cobb CinéBistro at CityPlace Doral to Open March 17, 2017 [3/7]
- Robert Osborne, Beloved Host of Turner Classic Movies, Dies at 84 [3/6]
The next Superman movie, tentatively titled Superman: Man of Steel, now has someone to fill the lead role. Warner Bros. Pictures Legendary Pictures announced last week that Henry Cavill will be the next man of steel. The movie is scheduled for a December 2012 release. Cavill will be seen next on the big screen in Immortals, which opens on November 11th.
"In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time, and I am honored to be a part of his return to the big screen. I also join Warner Bros., Legendary and the producers in saying how excited we are about the casting of Henry. He is the perfect choice to don the cape and S shield."
It's taken quite some time to get a new Superman movie rolling again. Superman Returns was released in 2006, and wasn't a bad movie, but it didn't make the splash everyone expected. While other comic book heroes have been grabbing the spotlight (with Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Dark Knight, et al), there doesn't seem to be any end in sight with the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises and others, the time may be right for the man of steel to make his return. I'm sure the studio is hoping that audiences won't be weary of them by the time December 2012 rolls around!
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures Press Release. The photo above is a publicity still from 2009's Whatever Works. Featured are Evan Rachel Wood and Henry Cavill. Photo taken by Jessica Miglio, © Gravier Productions, Courtesy of Sony Pictures Classics
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.