Remove ads with our VIP Service
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 
- Lord of the Rings Marathon 
- Lord of the Rings Movie Festival 
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 
- The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship & Towers Special Extended Versions 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Special Extended Edition) 
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Special Extended Edition) 
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema - South Lamar in Austin, Texas is hosting a special event that includes a showing of all three of the Lord of the Rings movies, as well as a seven-course feast inspired by the Middle Earth setting for the movies!
The theater's blog (click the Read link below) contains the details of the event:
Faithful friends! You’ve been waiting for it, and now we are happy to announce that LORD OF THE RINGS HOBBIT TRILOGY FEAST is back for 2010! Join us on Sunday, Dec 12 at Alamo South Lamar for an epic day of watching, eating, and celebrating Hobbit-style. We’ll screen the entire LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY (the director’s cuts of the first two, the theatrical version of the third) all while eating our way through seven(!) courses of delicious food inspired by Tolkien’s Middle Earth served at each Hobbit mealtime. Check out the menu below!
$110 gets you admission and the full feast. For $35 more you can upgrade your ticket to include drink pairings for each meal.
Tickets go on sale Friday, November 12, 2010 and they may go quickly. Click the Read link below to view more information and to find the link for purchasing tickets to the event.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.