Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Fort Worth and Hurst, TX: Cinemark Upgrading Ridgmar 13 and North East Mall 18 Locations with Luxury Loungers [4/15]
- Chicago, IL: ArcLight Cinemas Opening in Lincoln Park in September 2015 [4/11]
- Glenview, IL: Pacific Glen Stadium 10 Closes for ArcLight Cinemas Conversion - Reopening on May 1, 2015 [4/11]
- Bangor, ME: Bangor Drive-In to Reopen After 30 Years [4/9]
- Tyler, TX: Studio Movie Grill Set to Open in April 2015 [4/3]
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
LOS GATOS, Calif., May 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Netflix, Inc., the world's largest online movie rental service, stages a unique, traveling film screening event this August with the 2006 Netflix Rolling Roadshow, a tour that will present 10 classic Hollywood movies at the locations they helped make famous.
Among the films and locations featured on the Rolling Roadshow schedule are Field of Dreams at the film's signature baseball field in Dyersville, IA; The Shining at the spooky Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO; and Escape from Alcatraz at the legendary island prison in San Francisco Bay (full schedule below).
"The Netflix Rolling Roadshow underscores Netflix's commitment to making movie enjoyment easy and accessible," said Leslie Kilgore, chief marketing officer for Netflix. "We hope that members and non-members alike will find the tour an appealing blend of the many film genres and vast library of titles we offer at Netflix. We're certainly excited to take this show on the road."
The coast-to-coast trek will be hosted by a celebrity guide as it brings 10 modern day classics to communities large and small across the United States.
The featured movies and locations are as follows:
DATE MOVIE LOCATION CITY
August 2 The Warriors Coney Island New York, NY
August 5 Jaws State Beach Martha's Vineyard,
August 8 Clerks Quick Stop Leonardo, NJ
August 11 Ferris Bueller's Cedar Road
Day Off Water Tower Northbrook, IL
August 12 Field of Dreams The Field Dyersville, IA
August 16 The Shining Stanley Hotel Estes Park, CO
August 18 The Searchers Gouldings Lodge Monument Valley,
August 20 Raising Arizona Lost Dutchman
State Park Tucson, AZ
August 24 Poseidon Adventure H.M.S. Queen Mary Long Beach, CA
August 26 Escape From Alcatraz Alcatraz Island San Francisco, CA
Each screening offers attendees the opportunity to participate in activities based on the featured film's theme. Whether it's a subway scavenger hunt in New York City for The Warriors, a hockey match for Clerks or floating on a raft in the ocean while screening Jaws, each event immerses attendees in the experience of the movie.
In some cases, screenings will include cast appearances and question-and-answer opportunities following the screening. Clerks director Kevin Smith and cast members are expected to attend the screening at the Quick Stop shop in North Jersey, for instance.
Netflix teamed up with Austin's Alamo Drafthouse to produce the Rolling Roadshow. Named by Entertainment Weekly as the nation's number one movie theater in 2005, the Alamo specializes in unique movie watching experiences.
Additional information about the tour will be available on www.netflix.com/roadshow starting on May 15, 2006.
Netflix, Inc. is the world's largest online movie rental service, providing more than four million subscribers access to over 60,000 DVD titles. The company offers a variety of subscription plans, starting at $9.99 a month. There are no due dates, no late fees and no shipping fees. DVDs are delivered for free by the USPS from regional shipping centers located throughout the United States. Netflix can reach more than 90 percent of its subscribers with generally one business-day delivery. Netflix offers personalized movie recommendations to its members and has more than one billion movie ratings. Netflix also allows members to share and recommend movies to one another through its Friends(SM) feature.
Source: Netflix, Inc.
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.