Remove ads with our VIP Service
- iPic Theaters at The Arboretum of South Barrington
South Barrington, IL
- iPic Theaters at The Domain Austin
- iPic Theaters at The Village at Fairview
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
Gold Class Cinemas announced the grand opening of two new locations in Texas this week. The Gold Class Cinemas - The Domain Austin in Austin, Texas and the Gold Class Cinemas - The Village at Fairview in Fairview, Texas opened to the public on Friday, May 7, 2010.
"Gold Class Cinemas continues to deliver the best movie going experience in the world," said Tim Carroll, global chief marketing officer, Village Roadshow Limited. "In fact, at the Fairview location, I heard one of our first members say that they would never experience dinner and a movie any other way. It only gets better from here with movies like "Sex and the City 2" and "Shrek Forever 3D" opening this summer."
Going to a Gold Class Cinema is akin to flying first class. Instead of cramped seats positioned close together, you have an extra wide seat that is more like a recliner. A lounge welcomes guests instead of a busy concession stand. Meals are prepared by in-house chefs, and waitstaff delivers the food to your seat as well as an array of wine, beers, and cocktails.
I've attended the Gold Class Cinemas in South Barrington, Illinois, and found it to be a great experience! The food was excellent, the seating was comfortable, and the presentation was well-done. You can see photos taken during that visit on the Photo Gallery page for the theater.
There are now six Gold Class Cinemas locations in the U.S. The concept was started by Village Roadshow Limited in Australia in 2007 and locations can now be found in Asia and Europe as well.
Source: Gold Class Cinemas Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.