Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Alice in Wonderland: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- Alice in Wonderland in Disney Digital 3D 
- Avatar 
- Avatar in 3D 
- Avatar: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- How to Train Your Dragon: An IMAX 3D Experience 
- How to Train Your Dragon in 3D 
Add Your Comments
- Ahead of the 50th Anniversary of "The Sound of Music" Variety Interviews Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer [2/26]
- Watch the Trailer for the Short "Frozen Fever" That Will Be Shown Before "Cinderella" [2/26]
- See "Interstellar: The IMAX Experience" with 12 Minutes of Additional Footage at Select AMC Locations on February 21, 2015 [2/19]
- Neill Blomkamp Posts About Upcoming "Alien" Project [2/19]
- Buy One Ticket for "Black or White" Get One Free with This Offer - 2/13/15 - 2/19/15 [2/13]
- Spider-Man to Appear in Marvel Cinematic Universe, Next Spider-Man Movie Gets Release Date [2/10]
- South Miami, FL: See an Advanced Screening of "Focus" at AMC Sunset Place 24 on Feb 4, 2015 [2/3]
- National Amusements Celebrates National Popcorn Day with Free Popcorn [1/16]
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
If you're interested in seeing Avatar 3D one more time while it's still in theaters, you may want to make plans to see it before Thursday, March 4th!
On March 5th, Alice in Wonderland in Disney Digital 3D and Alice in Wonderland: An IMAX 3D Experience will open in theaters, and unless your favorite theaters have plenty of 3D-equipped auditoriums to spare, it's going to push out Avatar's 3D shows.
Even if Alice in Wonderland doesn't have legs, and Avatar cleans up at the Oscars ceremony on March 8th, 3D theaters are going to be showing How to Train Your Dragon 3D and How to Train Your Dragon: An IMAX 3D Experience on March 26th, so Avatar's days in 3D are definitely numbered.
I've seen the movie in 3D and in IMAX 3D. While I haven't seen it in 2D, I can believe that it would have less impact without the well-done 3D effects, and this is a movie that I don't think is going to have nearly the same impact in most homes. It's such a visually-involved movie, it may not play well on your average 40-inch TV, and the lack of 3D is probably going to remove yet another layer of impact.
All that means if you haven't see the movie yet or you just want to catch it one more time, this week is your best chance to do so! Head over to the Showtimes page for Avatar 3D and make your plans!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.