Remove ads with our VIP Service
- Marcus Menomonee Falls Cinemas
Menomonee Falls, WI
- Marcus Southgate Cinema
- Marcus Ridge Cinemas
New Berlin, WI
- Marcus South Shore Cinemas
Oak Creek, WI
Add Your Comments
- Mount Lebanon, PA: Newly Renovated Carmike Galleria 6 Set to Open April 25, 2014 [4/18]
- Lansing, IL: Digiplex to Acquire Lansing Cinema 8 [4/9]
- Milwaukee, WI: Watch "The Wizard of Oz" with a Live Orchestra [4/8]
- Milwaukee, WI: New Sign Proposed for Avalon Theatre, July 2014 Opening Planned [3/31]
- Los Angeles, CA: Regency Village Theatre to Host Los Angeles Premiere of "Trancscendence" [3/26]
- Bel Air, MD: Flagship Cinemas - Churchville Sold to Digiplex [3/24]
- San Diego, CA: Digiplex Mission Valley Becomes UltraStar Location Again [3/18]
- Aurora, CO: AMC Debuts "Red Kitchen" Dining Concept at AMC Southlands 16 [3/11]
- Franklin, TN: IMAX Opens at Carmike Thoroughbred 20 [3/10]
- San Jose, CA: Days Are Numbered for Movies at the Dome Theaters [3/10]
The chocolate chip cookies that helped make an airline famous is now appearing in select Marcus Theatres locations as a test of the concept, according to a press release by Midwest Airlines last week.
While the airline's other signature services (like two-across seating and their excellent in-flight meals) have changed or become scarce, their freshly-made chocolate chip cookies have remained consistent. Smelling them as they are distributed throughout the plane heightens the anticipation as the flight attendants distribute the cookies to passengers. The cookie was also the focus of a marketing campaign when Midwest Airlines was fending off a takeover bid from competitor AirTran.
“Our baked-onboard chocolate chip cookies are a favorite with travelers of all ages,” said Jim Reichart, director of Advertising and Brand for Midwest Airlines. “We’re happy to partner with another hometown company – Marcus Theatres – to bring an onboard favorite to those enjoying the silver screen.”
At this time, the cookies will be appearing in four Marcus Theatres locations in Wisconsin:
- Menomonee Falls Cinemas - Menomonee Falls
- Ridge Cinemas - New Berlin
- South Shore Cinemas - Oak Creek
- Southgate Cinemas - Milwaukee
More locations will be added if the response is positive. The cookies don't come cheap, though, at $4 for a package of three. They could probably sell quite a few if they had ushers bring carts of freshly-baked cookies into the theater before the movie!
If you want this experience at home, there's good news! Sendik's Food Markets in the Milwaukee area sell packages of individually frozen Midwest Airlines cookies, so you can enjoy them in your own home theater! (It would be interesting to find out if these packages could be found in the freezers of the aforementioned Marcus Theatres...)
Source: Midwest Airlines Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your ZIP Code -- the site remembers your ZIP code, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.