Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Culver City, CA: Pacific Culver Stadium 12 Closed for Conversion to ArcLight Cinemas Location [3/26]
- Washington, DC: West End Cinema Closing [3/24]
- Casper, WY: Studio City Mesa to Open March 27th, Downton Iris Stadium 8 Closed [3/23]
- Vineyard, UT: Megaplex Theatres - Geneva & IMAX Now Open [3/20]
- Cleveland Heights, OH: Regal Severance Town Center Stadium 14 Closed [3/20]
- Lawrenceville, GA: GTC Town Center Value Cinemas Closed [3/18]
- Queen Creek, AZ: Harkins Queen Creek 14 Opening March 19, 2015 [3/16]
- Los Angeles, CA: 9-Screen Cinemark Playa Vista and XD Now Open [3/13]
- Nicholasville, KY: AmStar 14 - Brannon Crossing to Become Movie Tavern Location in June 2015 [3/12]
- Lewiston, ME: Flagship Cinemas Closed [3/12]
The event planning arm of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team will be hosting "Miller Park Movies," a series of movie double features in the parking lot of Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
A full-size screen will be erected for the movies, and the audio tracks will be transmitted via each auto's radio. The Klement's Sausage Haus will be open for concessions and restrooms.
"Brewers Enterprises is always looking for creative events to entertain families at Miller Park, and we believe the 'Miller Park Movies' will be a unique addition to our summertime schedule," said Brewers Executive Vice President - Business Operations Rick Schlesinger.
|Friday, June 5, 2009|
|Saturday, June 6, 2009||The Sandlot
|Friday, August 7, 2009||TBA|
|Saturday, August 8, 2009||TBA|
Major League was filmed at Milwaukee County Stadium, which was later replaced by the new Miller Park complex, so this choice is somewhat fitting. The movie also stars Brewers Hall-of Fame broadcaster Bob Uecker.
Parking lot gates on June 5-6 will open at 7:30pm each night with the first movie beginning at dusk (approximately 8:30pm). The details for the August dates will be released at a later time.
The admission for this event is quite high at $20 per car, for up to two people. Additional people will be charged $5 each. This is way too high for what's going to amount to a gimmick event, especially since it doesn't sound as though any concessions or other benefits are included in that price.
Tickets will be available at the Miller Park Box Office, on brewers.com, by phone at 414-902-4000, and on the night of the event-space permitting.
Source: Milwaukee Brewers Press Release
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2015, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.