Remove ads with our VIP Service
Share This Page
Add Your Comments
- New Photos and Videos Added for "Kong: Skull Island" [2/24]
- Watch "Prologue: Last Supper" from "Alien: Covenant" [2/23]
- "World War Z 2" Release Delayed [2/8]
- Tickets for "Beauty and the Beast" Now Available! [1/31]
- New Photos Added for "Monster Trucks" [1/9]
- New Photos Added for "Fences" [12/16]
- Watch Emma Watson in the Trailer for "The Circle" - Photos Added [12/7]
- New Videos and Photos Added for "Passengers" [12/6]
- Trailer and Photos Added for "The Shack" [12/5]
- Watch the Trailer for Tom Cruise's "The Mummy" - 12 Photos Added [12/5]
The upcoming installment in the Star Trek franchise, aptly named Star Trek, is opening in theaters and in IMAX theaters on May 8th (32 days!) and we have just been notified that it has received its MPAA rating and a newly rated Theatrical poster to match, and Paramount Pictures has also provided three more photos for the movie.
The MPAA has bestowed its PG-13 rating for sci-fi action and violence and brief sexual content. This isn't a huge surprise, as most movies that are targeting the teenage audience needs to get that rating to allow the teens in, but to convey the impression that it's not a Disney cartoon at the same time. We've heard of some movies working very hard to cut scenes in certain ways to get their movie down from R, and intentionally using trigger words and scenes just to elevate it out of PG range.
The three new photos give us another look at Kirk and Spock, as well as bad-guy Nero, in action. These photos and the rated poster join the images already posted on the Photo Galleries page, making for a total of 42 photos available so far!
When you're done soaking in all the still photos, don't forget that we have trailers and TV spots available on the Trailers & Videos page.
And, because it's never to early to get your tickets for opening weekend, select theaters are already offering tickets online! Check out the Showtimes page to see if your favorite/nearby theaters are offering tickets yet!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.