Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- "Now Showing" Enhanced with Sticky Options, Faster Speed [5/27]
- "The Marquee" Enhancements Bring More Speed, New Movie Sort Option in Showtimes, Sticky Selections [5/23]
- Trailers & Videos Feature Updated [3/27]
- Photo Gallery Feature Upgraded [3/17]
- "Reader Favorites" Listing Updated in Now Showing [8/5]
- Dolby Atmos Indications Added to Showtimes [7/25]
- Submit Your Ticket Price Reports for Movie Theaters! [7/4]
- Gift Shop Enhanced with More Selections for Downloading Movies and Music via iTunes [9/17]
- Finding Drive-Ins Made Easy [8/2]
- New Feature: Search for Theaters from the Past - See the history, tell your stories [6/30]
At the end of January, The BigScreen Cinema Guide marked the end of its 14th year of publication!
Back in January 1995, this site was launched as the "Penguin Cinema Guide" and it delivered showtimes for every theater in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Web sites were a fairly new concept back then, and our biggest challenge was in convincing movie theaters that people really did want to find their showtimes on the Internet. That was then, this is now...
Now, we list showtimes for about a thousand theaters across the country, and we have good relationships with many theaters. We work with most of the major movie studios to deliver accurate and up to date information about movies in theaters now and those coming in the future. Each month, we serve more than 2.5 million pages to more than 600,000 readers! Our new server that we installed last year doesn't even break a sweat, even during the busiest times when multiple blockbusters are released at once.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our readers for making The BigScreen Cinema Guide one of the best sites of its kind on the net!
We're not resting on our laurels, and rather than take any more time to trumpet our own achievements, we're going to get back to work and proceed with our plans to release more new features on the site in 2009!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.