Remove ads with our VIP Service
Add Your Comments
- Get Your First Look at the Trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" on Friday, Nov 28th [11/25]
- Remembering "The Terminator" on its 30th Anniversary with an Interview with Van Ling and Ian Nathan [10/28]
- "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Teaser Trailer Now Available Ahead of Schedule After It Leaked [10/23]
- The Death of Physical Media is Far From Imminent [10/1]
- Los Angeles, CA: New Beverly Cinema Bucks the Digital Cinema Trend and Goes 35mm Only [9/9]
- Bill Murray Suggests Leads for All-Female "Ghostbusters" Movie [9/9]
- "Toy Story that Time Forgot" Coming to ABC in December 2014 [7/25]
- Bad Robot Tweets IMAX Camera on Star Wars Set [7/11]
- Road and Track Spies Electric Harley Davidson on Set of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" [7/2]
- Chicago, IL: Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (LMNA) Announces Chicago Location [6/25]
Vanity Fair magazine is featuring a portfolio of 11 photos that are recreations of famous scenes from movies done by directory Alfred Hitchcock. Stars from Jodie Foster doing a scene from The Birds and Scarlett Johansson and Javier Bardem recreating a scene from Rear Window, to newcomer Marion Cotillard taking Janet Leigh's spot in Psycho's famous shower scene.
Seth Rogen in the cornfield scene in North by Northwest (1959) Photograph by Art Streiber.
Cary Grant's original role as seen in the movie. Photo courtesy MGM/Photofest
Just seeing the photos conjures up the images of the original movie. For those not familiar with the originals, the site offers a look so the new can be appreciated with the classic.
The portfolio is interesting to look through, but at the same time, it makes one recall some really classic movies, and the realization that for the most part, they just don't make them like this anymore. Hitchcock's movies are filled with suspense and intrigue, and it doesn't matter that the visual effects are rough and not up to today's standards. 50 years from now, how many scenes from today's movies will be showcased in a portfolio like this?
Thanks to reader Ron H. for sending us a link to this item!
Add Your Comments
No comments found. Be the first and let us know what you think!
Add Your Comments
|Commenting on Journal Articles is available only to our readers who have customized this site, which makes it easier for you to complete the form and for us to contact you with any questions or concerns about your comments.|
Please login or register a new account before continuing.
Log in to retrieve your saved settings.
Forget Your Passcode?Send My Passcode To Me
Not Registered? Create a New Account!
Our registered members enjoy more features, including:
- Save Your Location -- the site remembers your location, no having to re-enter it each time you visit
- Favorite Theaters List -- keep a handy list of the theaters you attend
- Favorite Movies List - movies you want to see, all in one place
- Write Movie Reviews -- share your opinions of the movies you see
- Block Ads with VIP Service -- view this site ad free (subscription req'd)
Basic accounts are free -- sign up today!
Concerned About Privacy?
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2014, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.