Photo by Thomas Hawk Used with Permission
216 North Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91203
Theater opened in 1925 as the "Alexander Theatre" which hosted movies and neighborhood vaudeville acts.
Theater was purchased in 1992 by the Glendale Redevelopment Agency with the intent of making it a performing arts center and an anchor for the city. The Grand Re-opening was celebrated on New Year's Day in 1993. The theater was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
It is now home to five resident companies: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles, Glendale Youth Orchestra, Alex Film Society, and Musical Theatre Guild.
This theater is owned/operated by City of Glendale.
Home - About Us - Ad Info - Feedback
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service