Mt. Burney Theatre
37022 Main Street
Burney, CA 96013
Message: 530-335-2605 more »
from the Mt. Burney Theatre's web site:
George and Stella Tyler built the Mt. Burney Theatre in 1940 and its single screen has been providing entertainment to the Intermountain Community in Northern California continuously since then.
The Mt. Burney Theatre opened its doors for the first time on June 19, 1940. The main feature that date was “Dr. Ehrlich's Magic Bullet”, starring Edward G. Robinson. George Tyler and his family operated the Theatre for several years. Ticket prices back then were 40 cents for general admission, 25 cents for students, and 10 cents for children.
The Theatre has had only five owners: the Tyler's, Roff's (whose great grandson is now the theatre's manager and projectionist), Guthrie's, Wagner's, and currently Donna Sylvester.
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2016, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.