The Bijou Theatre
275 Fairfield Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Message: 203-332-3228 more »
Originally built in 1909 as an Opera House, the building was converted into a movie theater during construction in response to the growing popularity of (then silent) movies.
The theater was purchased in 1929 and renamed to the Rivoli. In 1969, it was renamed again to Studio Cinema. The theater sat vacant from 1996-2005, when it was purchased as part of the Bijou Square development.
It is now a venue for movies, theatre, art, comedy, and music.
Journal/Blog - The Marquee - Movie Links - News and Events - Now Showing - Reader Reviews
Customize - VIP Service
|The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a service of SVJ Designs LLC. All graphics, layout, and structure of this service (unless otherwise specified) are Copyright © 1995-2017, SVJ Designs. The BigScreen Cinema Guide is a trademark of SVJ Designs. All rights reserved.|
'ACADEMY AWARDS®' and 'OSCAR®' are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.